Chapter 11 - Questions of Despair

Trisha's P.O.V.

I feel uneasy with this.

What the heck is wrong with this town?

Why do I even possess a powerful thing?

What does it do to the world?

What power does it give to the one who holds it?

Is it good or bad?

Did the monsters reach our house?

How's Mom and Dad?

How's Stan?

Wendy?

Soos?

Ariane?

Other townsfolk?

Visitors?

Tourists?

Are they fine?

Are some of them hurt or dead?

So many questions...

Such few answers....

"Guys!" Aly screamed, snapping me out of my thoughts.

We didn't speak.

She sighed.

"If we're gonna be all stupid and sad and dramatic, we'll get nothing done" She said, trying to lift our spirits.

"How can you make this chaos stop, huh?" I asked her.

"We can if we work together!" she exclaimed.

"It's all hopeless now. Look. What if there's nobody or nothing to save anymore? What if it's impossible to stop Bill?" I asked her.

"Nothing's impossible if we work together! Come on guys!" she exclaimed. Nobody paid attention to her.

"Everything seems to be impossible now!! LOOK! LOOK AT THE MESS I MADE!! I DID THIS! I DID ALL OF THIS! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT! WHAT DID I DO TO STOP HIM?! NOTHING! IM DONE WITH THIS!" I screamed, tears flowing down my cheeks. "W-We're all gon-na d-die....t-thanks to m-me..."

"Oh cmon that isn't so-"

"SHUT UP!!"

Aly looked offended by what I just said. But I don't care. I'm losing it.

"Bill is showing us the cons. Not the pros. Cmon." Aly still talked.

"WHATEVER!! ALL THIS TRASH CAN'T BE SOLVED!! IF YOU DONT WANNA GIVE UP, FINE THEN! I DONT CARE ANYMORE! SOLVE THIS ON YOUR OWN!!" I screamed on top of my lungs. I'm totally losing my sanity. I stomped while walking away, saying curse words at them.

Third Person

They all looked at Trisha. All of them, except for Aly, were being infected by Trisha's despair.

"I-I guess she's right..."

Aly's head jerked up as she heard that. She hated someone giving up too.

"What?" she asked.

"I guess she's right. How do we even stop Bill? Your  hope is pointless" Dipper said.

"What?! Pointless?! What you're saying is pointless!" Aly screamed.

"How dare you scream at my brother's face!" Mabel yelled, angrier than ever.

"I-" Aly looked taken aback.

"If you, try to scream at my brother again, you have five seconds to run" Mabel glared daggers at her. She walked over Dipper and told him:

"C'mon. Let's get out of here"

And they walked away, out of Jaz and Aly's sight.

"Mabel changed." Jaz said. "But, who am I to judge? It's what despair does."

"Stop this despair trash!" Aly yelled. Jaz tensed but suddenly frowned.

"Do this on your own. Learn how to respect. You've got issues" Jaz said and walked away.

Aly was left alone. Alone and being hopeless.

Why are they walking away?

Where's their hope?

Why did they fall for despair?

Why am I all alone again?

Why are y'all doing this?

Am I really that rude?

You can't give up now!

Not now...