𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘢𝘳

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
˗ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ˎˊ˗
𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘢𝘳
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

MIA ran her fingers gently over the purplish yellow bruise that had decorated the right side of her cheek, her eyes gluing onto the coloured skin

MIA ran her fingers gently over the purplish yellow bruise that had decorated the right side of her cheek, her eyes gluing onto the coloured skin. It had been two days since the Bishop confrontation but the bruising had only gotten worse rather than better.

She sighed softly and then walked out of the bedroom and out to the kitchen where she spotted Diego. She smiled at the sight of him. "Mmm, breakfast of champions." Diego chuckled. Mia laughed and then flipped him the bird for the sarcasm this early in the morning. "It's either that or the air, your choice baby."

Diego pretends to contemplate it and Mia reaches over the small dining table to flick his forehead on instinct because he deserves it for being such a sarcastic prick. Diego can't even make toast. As Mia draws back and sits down on the chair across Diego, he can't help but notice how Mia's cheek has turned a nasty smudge of purple and yellow hues.

Mia noticed him staring at her. "It was an accident at work." Mia says blithely, round a mouthful of toast. "I hope that's the truth." Diego shoots back just as nonchalantly. Inside, though he's ready to kill, but Mia hates confrontation so that's why he held his tongue. Mia was like a hermit crab. You have to coax her out to get something out of her. "Do you like the coffee?" Mia questioned as she stirred her coffee absentmindedly.

Diego just stares at her from across the table, waiting patiently for her to explain more about the bruising but Mia seemed to refuse to even meet his eyes. "It's really not that bad, Diego." Mia finally sighs. "You know I bruise easily."

Diego scoffed and dropped the piece of toast back on the plate. He then stood up from his chair and walked over to Mia and without saying a word he grabbed a hold of her face with one of his hands and with the other he traced his fingers across her bruised skin. "Don't lie to me, mi amor."

Mia placed her hand onto Diego's wrist and shook her head gently. "Diego, I'm going to be late for work." She spoke softly to him in hopes the situation wouldn't escalate into something big but the look in Diego's eyes said otherwise. She watched as he ran his tongue over his lips and chuckled lowly. "Mia, listen to me," He looked her directly in the eyes in all seriousness. "How did this," he indicated with his eyes at her bruise. "happen? Tell me. I want the truth."

She took in a deep breath as she shut her eyes momentarily. Diego couldn't handle the silence, it was making me feel nervous. "Mia, please talk to me." He spoke up. "Diego, please. I'm going to be late for work."

The moment she finished her sentence, Diego slammed his fist onto the table, knocking down the cup of coffee and the plate of toast bouncing off the surface. "Fucking tell me." He snapped angrily, his brown orbs enlarging as he kept his intent gaze glued on Mia.