6

Dear Mr. Nobody,
There is a strict line separating reality and fantasy. Mine is blurred. Can you find it for me?

6

Day Six.
28-02-2015

"What are you doing up so early?" Jesse entered his bedroom to see me sitting up, staring into space.

"... Thinking. And you?"

"Th-thinking? About what?"

The sun was only now beginning to show itself behind the dark, morning clouds. I had opened the windows to get some fresh breeze and instead the atmosphere proved itself to be dry and still.

Jesse walked over to the bed and sat. His dark hair laid flat against his pale skin.

"Answer the question," I shrugged, without looking at him.

"Reading... now answer mine," he tried to reach for my palm but I stopped him.

"Leave me alone," I stared into my lap.

"Huh," Jesse stroked his clean face, before tilting his head at me, "What did I do? Are you sick?"

I placed the back of my hand against my neck to check for a fever. I nodded.

I wasn't unwell. Really and truly, I was feeling unlike my usual self.

I cleared my throat, "I'm okay. I have work in a few hours, anyway."

Jesse blinked at me, before shaking his head, "Okay well, how's work?"

"... Fine."

I yawned loudly, stretching my arms to the ceiling.

"What are you guys up to?" He scratched the back of his ear.

I could tell by the way that Jesse acted when the work subject came around, that he was still hurt by my dishonesty to him a few weeks earlier. There was no denying that it was still on his mind.

"We're planning for a festival. It's in a few days, in March."

"Oh? The National Fest-"

"Yes," I groaned silently.

"Are you going to attend?" He crossed his legs.

I shot him a weird look and raised my brow.

"Why would I not?"

"Well, I don't know..."

His low voice trailed off as he turned away from me.

"Hm?" I cupped my ear and leaned forward.

"Are you sure you're well enough? Maybe-"

"Please.... don't.... remind me," I folded my palms and closed my eyes, "Cause I'm tired of going back and forth about this."

Jesse stared at me in shock. I watched his mouth twitch a few times to speak, but he didn't.

"Cool." He glimpsed at the ceiling before suddenly pushing himself off the mattress, "Anything else?"