Chapter 18 - Stainslaw

May 1962
969 Fifth Avenue

Lee answered the front door to see Stas and the kids standing before her.

"Mummy!" Her children squeaked Lee embraced them. "Oh my darlings" Lee smiled as she kissed her beautiful children. Stas watched on laughing. "Kids, how about you go to your rooms while I speak to daddy?" Lee suggested, remembering her husband was in the room. The children nodded before waving goodbye to their father. 

Stas waved back. "Hello Lee" Stas joked, reunited with his ex-wife. 

"Hello Stas" Lee giggled as she shook his hand again. "How's life in London?" Lee asked, taking her glass of wine and sitting on the sofa. Stas took a seat on the chair opposite her sitting place. "Oh it's good. I think the kids like it over there" Stas explained. Lee nodded. "How's life with that Onassis character?" Stas jokingly commented on Ari. 

Lee laughed. "Oh it's wonderful. We're just back from Ravello". Stas could easily see. Lee was a sweet golden brown colour, after soaking up the sun for two weeks. 

"Is it better than being married to me?" Stas joked. Lee was stunned he asked such a thing but she replied with a smile: "How can I know? He's not proposed yet". 

Stas laughed. His smile soon disappeared. He had a question to ask Lee. "Lee, I know we're not together anymore but can we remain as close as we were? Except not in a romantic way" Stas asked. Lee immediately nodded. 

"Of course Stas. I don't want to show a bad relationship to our children" Lee beckoned. Stas understood. "Will Ari like it?" Lee added. Stas shook his head. "He can get jealous easily" Stas warned her. Lee shook her head but grinning. "I can handle it".