Chapter One

~~Author's note: Nyan and Tac share a home

Nyan walked home, the grass crunching below her with each step and the wind lightly brushing against her fur. She hadn't seen Tac since the beginning of the day, though that became a regular occurrence, so she was excited to see them again. Eventually, she reached their house, the door creaking as she peered in.

It had looked... exactly the same as when she had left the house. Not one single dust cloud had been out of place. What had changed, the only thing that had changed, was that Tac was nowhere to be seen. Nyan Cat had checked through their entire house about five times, just to make sure, and yet she still hadn't seen them anywhere.

She began to worry, Tac had rarely left the house, and it was getting dark out. What if something happened to them, all alone at night? Even though she rarely ever saw them nowadays, Nyan wouldn't want Tac to get hurt.

She ran to her room, grabbed a pencil, a pack of crayons, and a stack of paper. Nyan then began to work, frantically making missing posters. She drew images of Tac on the posters as accurately as she could with her shaky, worried hands. She kept drawing and drawing until her hands felt numb.

"That should be enough, for now," she huffed, gathering the paper up into a messy stack in her blistered hands. As she walked out the door, she grabbed a roll of tape.

It was well into the night by the time Nyan Cat had gotten back to the house, exhausted. She had taken every poster and taped them onto every place she could. She had almost run out of tape by the time she had put up all of the posters, though she did use a generous amount of tape to make sure that the posters wouldn't fly off. She flung herself onto her bed and curled up, drifting off into a deep sleep.