Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Her eyes immediately sharpened into hatred before going blank.  She got good at hiding her emotions. When I last saw her, she was an emotional wreck, crying at any harsh word said to her and that was before Jane died.

"Hi, I'm here to see a vet. I've got an appointment for Storm." She nodded

"Dr. Mich will be out in a few minutes, please take a seat over there." I walked over to a seat on the other side of the room and dropped into a seat. The doorbell jingled, and a pair of black boots walked through the door. Alex stumbled through the doors with a phone pressed to her ear shaking her head at whatever the person on the other side was saying. She had on a pair of jeans and a black shirt. Alex looked around with her phone still pressed to her ear and smiled at me. She walked over and scratched Storm behind the ears before walking over to reception and  tilting up the flap and walking through. A lady, her grey hair thinning and tied up in loose bun walked out and smiled at me before bending down and scratching Storm behind the ear.

"Aren't you a beautiful boy?"

My phone started ringing in my pocket. Dr Mich nodded at me. I pulled my phone and answered it without even checking the caller ID.

"Hello"

"Hey, do you want to meet up tomorrow?" Ashlee's voice travelled down the phone.

"I'm actually out of town and I was going to tell you, but I completely forgot about it. I'm really sorry."
"It's okay, where are you?"

"I'm in Wolfhedge at the moment, one of my friends are in hospital."

"Oh okay, I hope they get better. I'll leave you to it." The phone beeped in my ear. I shoved my phone back into my pocket. I turned back to Dr Mich who was frowning down at Storm.

"He's badly matted and undernourished. We'll need to shave off his coat and put him on a special diet." I nodded. She held her hand out for the leash, guiding Storm and I out of the waiting room and into a hallway with different rooms branching off it. She led us to the room right at the back of the hallway. It had a bathtub on the far end of the room and a razor plugged into the wall on the far side.

Unknown POV

"How could you?" I pulled the gun out of my waistband and aimed it at the person I thought

was my family, turns out he was another impurity of this world. I didn't bother to listen to his pleads for mercy before shooting him. Through the eyes. I crumbled to the floor with his body. He betrayed me but yet I let my feelings over take me. I need to be stronger, for my sister and for my people. I stood up tucking the gun back to where it belonged. I walked out of the room and went to collect the body bag from where I knew it would be safe. Where my family could not discover it and do something stupid that they would regret later. I quickly ran to the room where it was hidden and pulled it out. I stuffed the impurity into the bag and figured out how I was going to get rid of him. 

Ember's POV ( Holden's little sister)

I pushed my brother off me and flipped him off when the doorbell rang. Cassian stood up to get it

"Let my sister get it she probably knows who it is." I rolled my eyes pushing myself off the floor and walking towards the door. The doorbell rung again when I got there. I swung the door open and glared at the girl on the other side.

"What do you want?"

Rey flinched.

"Look can we talk?" I laughed.

"Why would I want to talk to you? You threw me out of the group!"

"I know and I'm sorry, okay? It's not just you who Casandra has dirt on!" I stared at Rey. Casandra had been our friend since primary school, when we hit year 7, she changed a lot. She started gathering things she could use against us and forced us to stay friends with her or not to stay friends with her and if we didn't go along with her command, she would tell people the stuff she knew. I frowned at Rey. I had known this girl since I was four years old and I knew her well enough that she didn't like to apologize and that she was just as stubborn as her mum.