8. Frenemy (1of 2)

It was quite after midnight when the party was over and guests have left.

Ariel was deep asleep flat on his back now, when someone entered the room leaving door behind a jar.

" While I'm looking all over for you, you're here comfortably sleeping in my room." Said Uriel with a chuckle and sat next to sleeping, Ariel. He tried to wake him up to make him leave to his own designated room, but Ariel was deep asleep. He poked Ariel's cheek, but no reaction. Then he leaned and put his head on Ariel's chest to check if he was actually breathing. He was. He was just too tired. He was about to lift his head from Ariel's chest but changed his mind. For a few minutes, he remained with his head on Ariel's chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"I haven't seen you for so long." Said quietly Uriel still keeping his head in place."I've missed you so much. After so many years finally, I'm here, next to you, ready to help, but you're behaving like a stranger and you keep avoiding me. Are you still mad at me? After so many years you still haven't forgiven me? Will you ever forgive me?" He continued his monologue and didn't hear his sister approaching his room and now standing and listening in front of the slightly ajar door of his room not daring to enter.

Uriel lifted his head and looked at Ariel's face. Slowly he leaned in and now both their foreheads were touching.

" Well, at least you don't have a fever so far." He moved slightly away but friezed for a moment his lips hovering over Ariel's lips. The temptation is too much. He gave a deep heavy sight.

" Shit! How I am supposed to control my feelings, Ariel, when you will be in this house and around me every day? It's been 10 years and seems my feelings towards you got only stronger. What should I do?" And Uriel leaned down, but in last moment with all the will he quickly landed a light kiss on Ariel's forehead and like a flash stood up to leave the room only to see his shocked sister at the door.

She tilted her head to the side only to confirm, that on Uriel's bed was laying a boy named Ariel and not a girl. And without realising herself her jaw dropped.

She only came to wish her brother " Good night" and never expected to be a witness to such a confession of her brother who she hasn't seen in so long.

After waking up and taking a shower Ariel with a towel on his head, still drying his hair stepped out to the balcony and took in the wonderful view outside when he heard someone's knocking and soon after entering the room. It was one of the family maids came to wake him up and to inform that breakfast will be soon served, so he should head down.

Ariel noticed that maid got surprised at first seeing him like she didn't expect to find him here, but then why would she come in if there not supposed be anyone in here? Well, Ariel just shrugged his shoulders and continued rubbing vigorously towel on his head when he saw a car pulling in from of the main entrance.

The car door opened and quite tall, slim and really beautiful lady with the charming hat covering her head stepped out and then closed the car doors. The driver was offloading her few suitcases while she just stood there looking around and finally turning towards the balcony and spotting Ariel there and gave him a smile.

With luggage? Probably for some time then...thought to himself Ariel ignoring her smile and going inside the room closing the balcony's door.

A few moments later another maid came rushing looking for Uriel but left in a hurry when confirmed that he is not here.

Soon after breakfast was ready and Ariel took his place at the table where already were sitting Mr. Mrs. Mirana, Dimona and Alex. Ariel sat next to Alex after greeting Dimona's parents.

" Do you realize how worried I was!" Said anxiously Alex addressing Ariel.

" There was no need, but thanks anyway." Replied coldly Ariel without looking at Alex.