Chapter 3

IF YOUR STILL READING THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH I REALLY APPRECIATE IT ALSO I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER <3

CHAPTER 3 THE BLACK FIGURE

BETTY POV

It was nice to be able to take a nice walk knowing your life isn't too bad at the moment. I mean since Jug beat the shit out of Archie and now me and Jug are together, I couldn't be happier I feel calm. I haven't even got half crescent moon scars on my hands anymore that's a good thing! I'm so grateful to have Jug in my life I don't know what I would have done without I'm the last few days. He is so much more than just the kid from the South Side or the outsider looking in. I was safe and alone. But not for long.

I had decided to text my mom to see how she was doing. She was out of town for a week working on an article in New York I, I wish I could've gone with her but she would never allow that sadly. Just as I was texting her, I heard something like a twig snapping behind me. I decided to turn around and look but there was obviously nothing there. So, I kept walking and pretended like nothing happened. I got scared because it was really dark by now and I was alone it was like a ghost town. I felt my breathing increase and I picked up the pace in my step which was a bad idea because I tripped over and grazed my knee.

Just as I was dusting the dirt off my jeans, I saw a black figure standing behind a tree about 150 yards away from me. And as a car drove past, its headlights were able to shine onto the knife this black figure had in his hands. I gasped and I quickly stood up and started to walk again. I heard it again the twig snapping noise I turned around again but this time instead of finding nothing I found the black figure was behind me. I worked out that if started running I would be able to get home safely without it getting close to me. So, I did. I ran for my life. I could hear the twig snapping noise getting louder and louder so I ran faster and faster.

After what felt like forever, I finally reached my red front door. I stepped in and locked the door. I sat behind the door and cried I couldn't breathe properly I was so scared. I was also home alone so I could only do one thing and that was phone Juggie.

I pulled out my phone shakily and phoned his number I somehow had in my contacts. He answered straight away which I a very good thing because I was the black silhouette walk around the back of my house.

"Hey, Betty everything okay?" he asked confused because I was just at his trailer 10 minutes ago.

"J-Jug someone f-f-followed me h-home" I said my voice shaking and then I started to cry a little.

"Oh, shit have you locked your door and told your mom?" he said concerned for me.

"My mom is still out of town so I'm home alone it had a knife" I whispered as I was the silhouette walk past the window again.

"Have you called 911 or just me?" he asked.

"Just you shall I call the cops then?" I said.

"Yes, please Betts and I' coming over tonight okay I don't want you sleeping in there on your own." He said and it made me smile just thinking how much he actually cared for me.

"okay jug you are the best you know, that right?" I giggled foolishly .

"Betty we can do that later but right now I want you to focus on staying safe okay?" he said quite seriously.

"okay bye jug" I say quietly.

"bye Betts I'll see you in few minutes" and by then he hung up the phone.

So, I called the cops, I told them everything that happened and they said that it was probably just a prank and that I should just stay inside with the doors locked. They obviously thought I was pranking but I wasn't I was actually in tears that they didn't believe me. I was still sitting in the same place I was when I came in behind my front door. And just as the cops hung up on me the someone knocked on the door. I was petrified what would happen if I went to open the door to jug and it was the black figure. So, I decided to call jug to see if I could hear his phone ring. Thankfully it was him, so I swung the door and launched myself onto him crying. I wasn't crying at the fact that someone followed me home I was crying because the cops didn't believe me.