The Letters.

Sun's Dawn 13th, 4E 190

Cicero, at last, reaches Leyawiin and heads inside the Nine Province Inn. Where's he's been staying for the past couple of days.

Once inside his eyes adjust to the firelight and lanterns in the tavern part of the inn.
"Hello, Cicero how was your walk?" The Argonian Dereeva asks while drying off a tankard.
"It was well. How was Cota while I was gone?" He asks dropping his hood and sitting on a barstool.
"She's behaved. She was laying in front of the fire but returned to your room a bit ago." She leans against the counter after putting the tankard away.

"That's good to hear." He smiles softly.
"May I have some alto wine?" He asks and counts out his septims.
"Of course. I couldn't help but notice you look awfully giddy. Something good happen?" Dereeva looks over at him.
"Yes actually. I found someone I haven't seen in a long time." Cicero smiles.
"Well good for you." Dereeva returns the smile and hands him a bottle of alto wine.

He finishes the alcohol quickly and sits the empty bottle down.
"Thank you for the drink Dereeva I appreciate it." He stands up from the stool.
"Don't mention it. You're my only customer around this time. Have a good night Cicero."
"You too." He walks upstairs and opens the door to his room. He smiles as he sees his beloved husky Cota sleeping on his bed. She's curled up in an all-white ball. Cota hears him shut the door and picks her head up ears perky and tail wagging.

"Hello, girl. Miss me." Cicero walks over to the bed and sticks an arm out. She immediately starts sniffing and licking his hand. He ruffles the fur on her head. He changes out of his armor and into a gray shirt and pants.

  He sits at the desk in his room then pulls out some parchment and some ink.
He writes a letter to Bellona expressing his joy to see her again. He hopes she makes it to him. As he finishes the letter he hears commotion downstairs he stands up quickly knowing exactly who is being rowdy.

  He stands by the flight of stairs and makes eye contact with Dereeva. She's glaring at the two Fighter's Guild whelps. He watches the two young Bosmer push each other back in forth by the fireplace. Arguing unintelligibly at one another.
"Great they're already drunk," Cicero says under his breath.
"Do what you usually do," Dereeva says to Cicero. He usually has to headlock the two and throw them out for her.

  Cicero rolls up his sleeves and approaches the two. He doesn't want to fight them this time around because he wants to look nice for Bellona.
"Excuse me? Gentlemen?" The Imperial gets their attention. The two elves stop roughhousing and drunkenly sway as they try to look up at him.
"Wah, ya wint?" One asks.
"Yeh, why ya botherin us (hic) for?"
Cicero sighs they're both heavily drunk he might have to use his racial ability. He hates using Voice of the Emperor but he might have to. It makes him feel gross like he manipulated someone unfairly.

  He takes a deep breath. "Leave this inn and go straight to your Guild. Stop coming here and wreaking havoc. Also, drink less please." His voice is commanding and stern. Using his ability makes his throat sore and head foggy.

  The two Bosmer stand stiff as much as a drunk person can and they hurry out the front door.
Dereeva watches them leave and smiles back at Cicero.
"You always have a plan. Great job again."
"You're welcome. I'll retire to my room now." As he climbs back up the stairs he says back to Dereeva. "Goodnight madam."
"Night Cicero."

Sun's Dawn 14th, 4E 190

Bellona sits on her bed wearing a purple robe as Elle heals her ankle. It's almost normal now but is still stiff and unable to have much weight on it. Elle was able to teach Bellona the fast healing spell so she could assist in her recovery which has proven fruitful.

  It's early in the morning and Bellona is already looking at the schedule plans for the local riverboat. It's much faster than horseback and will be safer for a crippled person. The Imperial City is just down the road so she doesn't have to travel long.

"So when do you plan on leaving today?" Elle makes small talk as she continues to heal her.
"Probably close to noontime. So maybe around eleven-thirty or later." Bellona says.
"I must say you've been a perfect patient. You haven't complained at all and you've taken this whole thing well. I hardly ever see that." Elle compliments Bellona.
"Thank you. I wasn't expecting to hear that honestly. I hope you get more perfect patients in the future." Bellona looks up from the schedule and smiles at the healer. Elle returns the gesture.

  She focuses her eyes back to Bellona's ankle and remarks about how well it looks.
"Even though there's still a slight bruise you might get to walk on it sooner than expected. Maybe in a week or so you'll be better. Or whenever you feel comfortable on it."
Bellona leans forward and is happy with her results.
"Damn. It's amazing what magic can do."
"Agreed. Do you want to stand Bellona?"
She considers it for a second and then makes her decision.

"Yes, I'd like to try." Bellona sits on the edge of her bed and Elle wraps an arm around her waist and one of Bellona's arms around her shoulders. She stands her up and Bellona takes a few steps. All seems well until her ankle acts up and she almost falls.
"Dammit!" Bellona shouts as she practically crashes into the healer.
"Don't worry. You're still healing you've gotten a lot better." Elle reassures Bellona.

  She settles back on the edge of her bed and Elle sits beside her.
Just then someone knocks on the door.
"Come in," Bellona says.
The door is opened by the guard and a courier walks in.
"Here you go Ms. Heartlily. Two letters." He hands them to her and she takes them eagerly.
"Thank you. My coin purse is right here." She fishes out a handful of gold and tips the courier.
"Thank you. Good day." He walks out of the room.

"Want me to leave the room Bellona? So you can read in private?" Elle asks.
"No, you can stay." Bellona pats her arm motioning for her to stay.
Elle nods and sits in the chair across from her.
Bellona opens the first letter. Her eyes widen it's from Ivy.

Dear sister,

  So I just wanted to say that mother and father know about the vampire incident. Mother at first wanted to wring your neck for being so reckless but she is okay now. She's actually quite proud. You're very much like her is what father said. Whenever you can we'd like to see you again. William and Sabina are having their child. They decided on the name Clayse. So whenever you're able come by and see the new addition. We've been missing you.

  - Ivy.

  She feels mixed emotions from this letter. She can sense the passive aggressiveness from her little half-sister but at the same time joy. Ivy misses her but is also annoyed at her actions. She'll have to write a letter when she can. Next is the second letter.

Dearest Bellona,

It has come to my attention that you're staying in Chorral. To study with the College of Whispers if I'm correct? Since you'll most definitely be passing through Leyawiin come look me up. I look forward to seeing you again. We have a lot of catching up to do. Maybe we can spend Heart's Day together? Who knows.

Yours truly, Cicero H. Rubrum.

Bellona sits there with a surprised face. Could it really be? Cicero has been missing for so long and here he finally is. He must've found out about the vampire incident. From what she remembers Sa'ma is also in Leyawiin. So it will be the perfect reunion. It's convenient that she isn't stopping at Bravil on her way there.

"What is it? Looks like you've seen a ghost." Elle remarks.
Bellona softly chuckles.
"In a way yes, a ghost of my past. He wants to see me in Leyawiin." She smiles clutching the letter to her heart.

I always imagine Cicero's voice when he was still sane as being semi deep but really smooth sounding.