Chapter 10: A Perfectly Reasonable Explanation

Why we should've stayed at Hogwarts
By Hermione Jane Granger

1. No crazy mothers trying to set me up with my best friend (although there is a crazy Ginny, but after what's happened so far, I've come to appreciate Ginny's antics)

2. No worrying about whether or not my father will murder Harry (imagine if Daddy was a member of one of those target shooting clubs and had access to a gun, even if it was locked up at the club?)

's no crazy woman right out of college who thinks it's cute to torment a male and a female who are clearly friends simply because she has no romance in her life. (Was that a bit cruel? I feel that may have been uncalled for...)

, there isn't an ice-skating rink at Hogwarts. Now they have the right idea.

5. I have more control at Hogwarts. It's up to me whether or not I'm in a bedroom with Harry. At my house he can just step into my room when he pleases. Not that he's done anything, of course. He's too much of a gentleman to dare to do the obvious crossed out such an idiotic thing.

when I'm in such a room with Harry, there is usually at least one other person there to keep us from snogging. crossed out

7. No awkward silences at dinner. Someone's always talking. Even if it's Ginny talking about something that none of us cares about to thin air.

8. Once in a while Harry and I can take the scrutiny away from our relationship and on to the impending Ron and Luna relationship. Those two are bound to get together. I think they complement one another quite nicely, actually.

9. The room in which I sleep isn't covered in pictures that are supposed to be the three of us, but thanks to Ron has become a shrine to Harry and me. Even the sanest girl would end up thinking that perhaps there was more to a friendship than what meets the eye. crossed out

10.I wouldn't have realized that I'm in love with Harry Potter crossed out

There's a lot to be said for self-delusionment when it comes to matters of the heart.

-Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider

It had been silent for the past few minutes, save the clinking of silverware and the slight bang whenever Hermione slammed a plate onto the table. It was at this moment that Harry realized he best talk to Hermione about what had happened, or risk having her destroy the china, which, of course, would result in Mr. Granger burying him alive.
"Don't you think you're overreacting?" Harry asked softly, staring at her as he watched for her response. Hermione blinked and looked up, a plate held precariously in her left hand.

"Overreacting?" she repeated in disbelief. "Harry, what happened was...I mean...it was mortifying!" She placed the final plate on the table and then turned away, her face turning red as she spoke.

"I think it was easy enough for them to make such a mistake, though," Harry reasoned, walking over to her. "After all, we were holding hands." Harry held his breath, waiting once more for another reaction. It never came, and Harry wondered what it was, exactly, that he wanted Hermione to do.

"But that didn't give them the right to insist— "

"I know, Hermione," Harry said, attempting a soothing tone, although he was fairly certain that he was failing. Being "suave" wasn't exactly one of Harry's best traits - or one of any of his traits, for that matter. "Just ignore it. It's just like what happened in fourth year, remember? Forget about it. What does it matter what every one thinks, anyway?"

Hermione bit her lip. The truth of the matter was it wasn't mortifying because of what the people at the ice rink had done. It was mortifying because for that split second ...