Innocent girl/Popular boy part 2

Jesse
He went quiet and I thought I made a point. I fell for him a long time ago but you know I'm not in his life, the only connection between us, was that he hurt my best friend and even me. I paid attention for so long that when my friends told me to let it go I felt like it wasn't going to happen, but now that he wants to pay attention to me, I've already done what I thought I couldn't and got over that silly little crush on him. Of course it is my fault for not confessing I mean how is he to blame if he didnt know? I thought I made it so clear that I loved him and he just didn't notice me. Now that I finally had the opportunity to forget him he comes running into my life and wants to know me? I didnt understand why he didnt notice me till now.. "Jesse, I'm sorry." I looked at him and my stomach turned. "What? Did you really just say.." he nodded and finally made eye contact for once that evening. "I knew you liked me, and I know you wanted me to see you. I dont know anything about love actually. Usually the girls you see me with are just.. temporary. I saw you as someone who was innocent and I didnt want to hurt you by treating you the way I do with the other women. You are different from them and I wanted to be different before I entered your life." My face got very hot, honestly he must think I'm stupid, but am I? Why did I accept that? Did he really see me as someone different from all the others? He got up and got his things together, I got anxious because I thought he was leaving without telling Lukas anything. Instead, he walked to me gave me his phone, "I want your number and his, I want to fix things with you both." I entered our numbers and gave him his phone back, he kissed my cheek and whispered to me softly, "I wasn't ignoring you, I always saw you." He walked away and I held my cheek in my hand. His words replayed on a record in my head and I waited for him to call me that night.

After a few weeks he fixed things with Lukas, and no longer was I the one Aiden didnt notice.