Chapter Four: The Art of Normalcy

Hola! I'm so sorry this took forever to upload; I meant to upload by Friday at the latest, but I'm gonna be honest - I went to watch Mockingjay instead. And then Big Hero 6 yesterday. I basically never go to the movies and I went twice in two days, so that was pretty weird. But awesome cuz both movies were great! Especially Big Hero 6 <3 It was so cute, I love it. Anyway, please shoot me a comment and tell me what you think. I hope to upload more quickly next time!

Pic of Sam (Hayden Christensen) ------>

Gracias! <3 vb123321

Chapter Four: The Art of Normalcy

Saturday morning of my second week at Kingswood, I woke to the sound of Sam swearing a blue streak. As I raised my head groggily to tell him to shut up, I realized he was in another room. And then I realized I was in a bedroom that was still very unfamiliar, different than the room I had thought I was in.

But what room was that?

A surreal feeling came over me. Dimly I remembered waking up in the middle of the night in a panic, having no idea where I was and in the middle of a nightmare. A nightmare that I couldn’t remember for the life of me.

Just like everything else.

Slumping back against my pillow, I rubbed my eyes, trying to push the weird feeling away. It was so unnerving to wake up in wild fear and have no idea why. For a moment, I had thought I had made a breakthrough, but of course it was nothing. Why did I still keep thinking that my memory was miraculously going to return?

A second later, the door banged open to reveal a hassled-looking Sam. His sandy hair stuck straight up and sweat dripped down his face. He ripped headphones out of his ears, still stumbling through swearwords as he stared at me.

“Kat,” he announced, and then he stopped, frowning. “Are you okay?”

I sat up, pushing my hair out of my face. “Yeah, you just kind of woke me up, that’s all.”

Sam stood there for a moment, just looking at me. “Did you have that dream again? The one you can never remember?”

“I don’t know why it’s such a big deal,” I said, shrugging at the concern in his voice. “I don’t remember anything in the daytime, why should it be any different at night?” As he looked uncomfortable, I swung my legs out of the bed and walked to my dresser. “So what did you have to tell me that was so important that you had to wake me up?”

He shifted in his running Asics. “I guess it can wait…”

“Don’t baby me. Did CIA contact you?”

“Um, yeah, Murray called me as I was coming back from my run.” Sam gave me kind of a weird look. I wasn’t sure what it was for, but he clarified it a second later: “You know, we don’t usually just refer to it as CIA. They’re people with names, just like us.”

Murray was directing this assignment, but sometimes I forgot who was who. Well, I’d just have to work on that.