jaebeom.

she kept her focus on the woman in front of her, hoping the woman wouldn't look up to see she was being stared at. after all, she was only doing this because of the person only two people away from her.

he was staring right at her, not caring if the two men in between them thought he was weird. she was his main focus, and now, she was his only priority. he had missed her so much, it's been over a year and yet he hasn't seen her once since their messy breakup.

he planned to get off the train once she did, and he planned to talk to her.

she continued to stare straight ahead of her and felt relieved when she felt the subway train come to a stop. she quickly gathered her things and was the first one to step off, praying to god he wasn't following her.

but of course when she looked back, he was right there. literally right there behind her.

"y/n please," he pleaded. "i want to talk."

"i don't," she replied in a harsh tone, trying to pick up her pace.

"i'm faster than you," he scoffed, until he was walking right next to her. she stopped walking in the middle of the subway and turned to him, glaring.

"why do you want to talk?" she questioned. "huh? after what you did?"

he grimaced and looked down to the ground, trying to form the right words to say to her.

"look," he began. "i know i was a shitty boyfriend, i get that. but i want to clear things up with you. i-"

he trailed off, looking into her eyes as she scanned his.

"i miss you," he finished. "so much and i- i still love you."

she didn't exactly know what to say to that, for she couldn't even sort out her own feelings. she thought deeply about her next decision, but she couldn't help herself.

"follow me," she muttered to him, turning towards the exit and walking out. he followed as she guided him through the city until they were in front of an apartment building, her apartment building.

they both rushed inside and the second they walked through her door, she sighed.

"jaebeom," her throat hurt when she said, she was getting a little choked up. "i miss you too and i'd be lying if i said i didn't still love you but, how am i supposed to trust you again?"

he bit his lip, leaning his head back against her door.

"if you give me one more chance, i-"

"jaebeom," she cut him off. "i don't know."

"honey please," he pleaded, not even realizing he called her honey. "i want to try again with you so bad."

she chose to ignore the fact that he called her honey, part of it because he seemed to not realize he said it and the other part being she liked it. she missed it.

"i just-" she took a deep breath. "i don't want to get hurt again."

he hesitantly took steps towards her before he was right there in front of her, the first time he's done that in a year. he grabbed her arms gently, rubbing his hands up and down them soothingly.

"y/n," he murmured softly. "please. let me prove to you i can be the man you've always wanted. the boyfriend you've always wanted. please."

she teared up at this and placed her forehead on his chest.

"jaebeom," she murmured.

"hmm?"

"i loved you so much," she sobbed. "i wanted to stop when we broke up but i just couldn't."

his eyes softened as the girl he's been fighting for the past year sobbed in his arms, and this time, he embraced her and rubbed her back.

"i love you," he whispered in her ear. "i love you."

"i love you too," she cried, wrapping her arms around his waist.

they stood there, embracing each other for what felt like hours before they finally pulled away. he wiped her tears for her and smiled.

"what do you say?" he asked hopefully.

she didn't answer, all she did was pull him closer to press a pretty passionate kiss for two people who were supposed to hate each other for the past year now.

they sat down on the couch sometime during the kiss, before she laid down, him hovering over her. he pulled away and smiled down at her.

"i missed this," he barely got out before he rested his head in the crook of her neck, laying on top of her as his arms wrapped around her waist. she wrapped herself around him as well as they laid there in a comfortable silence.

"me too," she whispered. "so much."