CHAPTER 1

"Iced latte is here." Nara smiled at the customer as she served the drink on the counter.

It was the weekend, so the café was packed with customers who were hanging around with their friends and lovers. It was a small but cozy café, decorated with few small pot plants. It was one of the major attractions for the café as people claimed it is Instagram worthy. Another reason to visit the café is because of the barista named Rowoon. He's the biggest reason girls love to hang out in the café just to take a glance at his perfectly sculptured handsome face.

"Hey, let me brew the coffee, you can go to the counter and take order." Rowoon took the espresso cup from Nara.

"I'm sure those girls would appreciate it if you are the one who takes their orders." Nara glanced at the girls lining up in front of the counter.

"Those girls talk too much. It would be easier if you take the order. That will speed up the process." Rowoon smiled, displaying his white teeth. Nara rolled her eyes and went to the counter to take the order. She could sense the disappointment in their voice as they shifted their roles. How she wished Yuna would be here and take the orders. Too bad she got a replacement class on the weekend so she cannot come today.

Yuna, Rowoon, and Nara only work part-time at the café during the weekend since all three of them are university students. Sometimes if they don't have any class during the weekdays, they will come and help at the café. The café usually got packed during the weekend so the owner, Mrs. Kwon, took care of the café with two other workers on weekdays.

Nara sliced the Carrot cake and served them on the flower pattern plate. She then placed the plate on the tray along with the ice blended Mocha made by Rowoon. "Ice blended Mocha and carrot cake is ready." One of the customers came to take the order and took a slight glance at Rowoon, who was busy making the coffee. He sensed her looking at him and turned to give her his killer smile.

"Enjoy your cake and coffee," he said.

"Th – thank you." The customer smiled sheepishly and her cheeks turned red. She has never seen someone as handsome as Rowoon that too this close. She was glad that she came to the café today.

Nara just ignored the exchange and continued doing her work. She's used to that kind of situation ever since Rowoon started working here. Previously there was a male barista too, but he stopped working after he graduated and landed himself a good permanent job. He has a handsome and good physique, but not as handsome and perfect as Rowoon. Mrs Kwon will choose one male barista with a handsome face to work on the weekend since she claimed they will bring in more customers. She's right. Her café is always full during the weekend, but it is much more packed ever since Rowoon came. On top of it, Rowoon makes a wonderful coffee, and he's good at latte art too, which gives more reason for girls to come over.

Suddenly they can hear murmurs and giggle. Their eyes darted towards the entrance door. Nara and Rowoon both turned to look at each other and then towards the door.

"Your boyfriend is here," Rowoon said.

"He's not, idiot!"

"Hey Nara, what's up!" Yunho, Nara's best friend, came to the counter and beamed a smile. He's wearing a checkered shirt with a plain white t-shirt inside paired with black skinny jeans, which gives him the boyfriend aura. "Iced Americano with a pump of syrup, as usual," Yunho said to Rowoon. Rowoon gave an okay sign and continued making coffee.

"Did you come to show off your good-looking face here?" Nara said while arranging the cakes. She then took out a sliced chocolate cake and placed it on the plate. Nara took the glass of iced Americano from Rowoon and put it beside the plate. "Didn't you say you are going out with your friends today?" She pushed both the plate and glass towards Yunho, who was already sitting on the empty barstool. The girl sat beside him, giggling at her friend as if she won a lottery.