CHAPTER 35

The harsh scent of drink can be smelt from Seonghwa. He had drunk a countless glass of vodka. He was at the high-end bar that he frequently goes with the guys. The bartender there already knew them. Only this time, he was alone, drinking in silence hoping that the answer to his problems lies at the bottom of the glass. His tears were already dried. His eyes were puffy from crying too much.

"I already drink almost half of the bottle but why it didn't go away," he said as if he was talking to someone. "It hurts so much right here," he clutched his chest. He drank the last drops of the alcoholic drink and put the glass on the bar counter with a loud thud.

"You should stop, Seonghwa," one of the bartenders named Jinyoung came and stood opposite him. "You drank too much,"

"Shut up and give me another glass," Seonghwa said. "A very strong one so that the pain will stop," he added.

"Seonghwa..." Jinyoung was about to ask him to stop but Seonghwa shot him a glare. He sighed. "Okay,"

Seonghwa propped his elbows on the bar and palmed his face. He was breathing hard as he tried to hold in his tears. He hated how he's feeling right now. Guilty, sad and disappointment, all in one. It gives him another episode of headache. He wondered why can't it turned out the way he already planned. It should be a happy day for him and Nara. It should be a day where he professed his undying loves to her and propose to her. He wanted her to stay by his side. He wanted to be the one that makes her happy. The one that makes her smile.

Seonghwa reached for his leather jacket's pocket and took out a small velvet box. "Where do things go wrong?" He bought this few days ago with Soojung. He had asked for her help to choose a ring. He didn't know what Nara will like so she asked for her opinion. He wanted to surprise Nara and had been waiting anxiously for today to come but it turned out to be the opposite way.

"Sometimes, life can be unexpected," suddenly a male voice appeared. Seonghwa turned to his side and saw a middle-aged man, sitting beside him with a glass of alcoholic drink in his hand. "You want to make her happy but it turned out the other way,"

Seonghwa brows knitted together. This man was suddenly talked to him and Seonghwa didn't know if he should respond to that man. He decided to stay silent and ignores him.

The unknown man sighed. "I love my wife but fate decided to separate us," he added. "We officially divorce today,"

Seonghwa glanced at him and saw that he's wearing formal clothes. He was dominated by a profound sadness, fatigue engraved on his worn face. He quickly looked away when the man caught him staring.

"We were married for 5 years and had a cute little son," The man continued his sob story. A loving smile formed on his face at the mentioned of his son. "I swore to myself that I wanted to make my wife and son happy so I worked my ass off. I spent most of my time in the office, burying myself with works. I got promoted and thought that it will be the best gift I can give to my wife and son," he swirled the glass. His smile dropped. "I was wrong. She doesn't need that money. She needs me but I was too engrossed with my work. I didn't realise I failed to give my full attention and love to my wife and son. I lost my family," tears started to threaten to fall on his face. "My wife found another person that can give her the love that she deserves," he paused as his tears fell on his cheeks.

Seonghwa didn't know why but his tears stung his eyes. It was not even his story but somehow it felt like the main character in that man's story is him and Nara. His eyes glued to the velvet box in front of him. 'Did I lost Nara, like how this man lost his wife?'. He ran his long slender fingers through his hair. His headache was getting worse as if someone was banging his head repeatedly.