Chapter 4

Lena didn't know what to say. Her heart was beating so fast.

Alex shook her head, "Lena you should here yourself sometimes. You can't shut out your friends and I know you don't want to. I am so sorry for what the Luthors did to you and I know you are damaged...."

"You know nothing of what they did! You think I'm damaged? I am not some delicate broken vase that everyone has to carefully step over!" Lena was shaking and the more she shook the more her hand bled.

In fact, it had bled so much that her whole palm was covered with the scarlet liquid. Perhaps the wound was deeper then she thought.

Alex's eyes were full of concern. "Lena please let me treat your hand! A 'scratch' should not bleed that much. It could be infected. An hour that's all I ask."

Lena sighed and nodded. "Fine but only because I can't work until this is sorted."

"Thank you."

Alex took Lena through the back door of the DEO to avoid as much contact as possible. She knew that the CEO hated people seeing her vulnerable and right now her hand was making her pretty weak.

"In here," Alex said and pointed to a room that Lena wouldn't have noticed if the agent hadn't shown it to her.

It was a very plain room with a single bed in the middle. There was all sorts of lab equipment in the corner and medical supplies at the front of the room.

Alex directed Lena to the bed and she followed. There was no point protesting, the agent had her way now.

"I don't know how you went a whole night with your hand like that." Alex sighed while taking Lena's blood pressure.

Lena winced as her wrist was squeezed. She had always hated being constricted and this just reminded her of the many times she had been kidnapped.

"Your blood pressure is a little higher then it should be. Have you noticed that?"

"I've been a little tired lately."

"Probably from overworking. Can't you find someone to help you work at Lcorp, a CFO maybe?"

"I had one. But then they turned out to be a world killer."

"No, the world killer was Reign, not Sam. I know they were the same but Sam was still Sam underneath."

"I know...."

"You two seemed close. May I ask how you met?"

"She worked at the same place as Jack and I. We were good friends but I think that part of me wanted us to be more."

"Did she feel that way too?

"I never told her, I knew that she wanted to focus on Ruby's life and I didn't want to get in the way of that."

"Lena am I the first person to know that you're bisexual?"

"Well before I knew that I was bisexual, I had a best friend, Andrea Rojas..."

"...As in the Andrea who took over Cat-Co from you?"

"Yes her. We went to boarding school together and I fell for her pretty hard. But I had to help my brother with Luthor Corp and she helped her father with Obsidian North, so we went separate ways. After that, I met Jack Sphere and started dating him. When I met Andrea again I found out that she had betrayed me."

"Lena...." Alex started but didn't finish. "Right I've looked at your hand and I removed a small shard of glass. It's not infected but I would like you to rest it for a few weeks."