Chapter 7

It had been a week since L-corp announced that they would be this years host for the annual business fundraising gala.

Lena had been working hard and late, unfortunately for Kelly, so had Alex. But once Alex told her it was for a good cause she stopped complaining as much.

Although the real reason she had stopped being upset with Alex for coming home late was because Lena had let Alex invite her to the gala.

And finally after many hours of preparation it was time to raise money for the new hospital.

Alex arrived earlier than the guests to help Lena set up.

"Miss Danvers if you could focus please."

Alex blushed at being caught staring, "My apologies Lena, I was admiring the craftsmanship of your dress."

Lena smirked, "Right." She then added, "I didn't take this to be your style Miss Danvers. But then again I rarely see you in anything other then your combat suit."

"I could say the same thing about you and your fancy dresses with high heels."

"Point taken."

The two laughed but were interrupted by a sudden flow of guests (mostly men) in formal business suits.

Alex looked for Kelly in the crowd and soon enough she came walking up to the two of them.

"Lena, this is my girlfriend, Kelly. Kelly this is my boss Lena. I believe you briefly met at J'onn's right?"

Kelly smiled and Lena smiled back before saying, "If you would excuse me I should see to my guests."

Lena walked away into the crowd and Kelly turned to Alex, "Are all her conversations that brief?"

"You'll have a proper introduction soon I'm sure."

"I hope so, the only things I've heard about Lena Luthor is whatever's on the news about her, and some of the stuff on there I don't really believe is true."

"Trust me it's not."

Kelly sighed, "It must be hard for her."

"Yeah, but she's probably used to it. It's what the people close to her think that really matters to her."

"Well I think she's very lucky to have you by her side."

"Thanks babe." The two of them kissed briefly.

"Alex I didn't expect to see you here."

Alex turned around to see James Olsen walking up to her and his sister.

"James, I could say the same thing about you."

"What do you mean?"

"Well this is a gala hosted by L-corp which is owned by Lena who I didn't think you were on speaking terms with."

James half scoffed half sighed, "Just because we haven't spoken since we broke up doesn't mean that's the end of everything."

"James that's not I meant."

"Look I'm sorry Alex it's been a stressful month. Kelly can we talk, it's important."

"Yeah sure. I'll catch up with you later Alex." Kelly walked off with her brother to a secluded part of the park where the party was being held.

Lena spotted Alex and walked over to her. "Hey, was that James I just saw?"

"Yeah but I don't think he was here to cause any trouble. He wanted to speak to Kelly and said it was important."