Chapter 42: Tea Time

I went through the fridge and pulled out some things I knew I could pair with tea. I ate what I was making as I went, skipping breakfast.
Before to long I had a small spread of snacks and tea. After the dinning table was set I went in search of my small friend.
"Mila." I called up the stairs.
"Is it ready!" I heard her shoot as she ran to the top of the stairs.
"It's ready."
"Yay!" She jumped up and down and took off down the hall. "It's ready, it's ready. Come to tea it's ready."
She ran around knocking on doors and then quickly came down the stairs.
I offered her my hand.
"Your highness." I said.
She took my hand and we walked to the dining room.
"Close your eyes." I told her.
I set my hands over her face.
"No peaking. Take three big steps." I said leading her inside. "Now open them."
I pulled my hand away and her face lit up.
"Oh thank you Ana! Thank you!" She shouted happily throwing her arms around me.
"Wow, you did all this?" A voice behind me said.
I turned to look at Misha who had walked in with the some of the other girls.
"I did." I said. "It will give all of you a chance to get to know me and me, you. Would you like to join us?"
"I never had this growing up." She said.
"I would never want to intrude where I'm not wanted but I figured this was a good way for us to all be friends. Do you think we could try to be friends?"
"Your like the mother I never had." Misha said wrapping me in a hug.
"I can be whatever you want Misha." I said.
She pulled away and went to sit with the girls at the table. I watched them all for a few minutes before I went to join them. They were all so excited. It made me happy to know that Mila was happy. Ten years from now she would still remember this.
I sat next to Mila and taught her and the other girls how to drink tea properly. They all giggled and they seemed to enjoy being together. Mila got bored and ran off to play.
"Who are you Ana?" Valerie asked a while later.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Who are you? Who did Daniel steal you from?" She said.
"I'm the wife of an Italian Mafia Don."
"No, like before." Maggie said.
"I'm the wife of an Italian mob boss." I said. "His name is Sandro Montorini. It was an arranged marriage from when I was a child but I love him and we have a good life together."
"You had a good life." Maggie said.
"No, have. He will find me and take home. If he doesn't Vincenzo, Dante, or my brother will. I won't be here long." I said.
"You seem so, sure." Amy said.
"I know my family. I trust them to keep me safe." I said.
"Do you even care about Daniel? I mean you seem keen on leaving. So why are you leading him on?" Misha asked.
"I'm not leading him on. I do love Daniel and he has kept me as safe as he could but this is not a life I would chose to stay in. I will see him in the future but we will be friends, not lovers."
"Who are Vincenzo and Dante?" Barbra asked.
"Vincenzo is the man I was going to marry after I was lead to believe Sandro was dead. Dante is the one who trained me to fight. I have children with all three of them and I love them all. If anything were to happen to my husband I would chose to be with Vincenzo. My life is complicated and confusing like any other. But I have a good life even though I've seen so much misfortune. The glass is only as full as you make it."
"Do you think if your husband came to get you, he would take any of us?" Julie asked.
"Only if I asked him to." I said. "Why, do you want to leave?"
"Yes. I just feel like there's a lot I'd like to do that I never will get to if I stay here. I want to have experiences that make me happy and angry and frustrated. I want to live my life, not waste it sitting around doing nothing."
"Do all of you feel that way?" I asked.
The girls nodded. Everyone of them wanted more out of their lives. If they all felt that way then I would take them with me when I left. The room was eerily silent.
"We should talk about something else before we get in trouble." Amy said. "What kinda of things do you like to do Ana?"
"I like to do a lot of different things." I said.
"Do you know how to dance?" Abby asked. "I've always wanted to learn."
"Yes, what kind of dance? Ballet, ballroom?"
"Ballroom." Abby said.
"Ballet." Maggie said
"I want to know how to dance if we were in a club." Julie said.
"Dancing isn't difficult. I don't mind teaching you." I said.
"Let's go in the living room. You could teach us in there." Amy said.
"Oh, right now?" I asked.
"Yeah." Amy said.
Just then Ron walked in the room and walked to the back of my chair.
"What's going on in here?" He asked.
"Ana was going to teach us to dance." Juice said.
Ron held his hand out to me. "May I?"
I took Ron's hand.
"Come on girls." He said leading me out of the room.