Prologue

Song-Black Swan BTS
??? POV 

I sighed as I stared out the window. It's a cold, stormy day. I watch as the rain hits the window, and runs down it smoothly. All I'm left with is feeling empty as though I'm waiting for something, or someone. My head then turned towards the door as I heard it close. I looked over to see my roommate, Shay. She then gave me a warm smile as she took off her wet coat, and placed a clear plastic bag on the kitchen counter. 

"I didn't think you'd be up when I got back." She admitted, while she kicked off her shoes. It's 9 in the morning on a Saturday, and thankfully neither of us have work today. 

"I got up, because it was cold." She then walked over to the thermostat. She then set it, and walked back over to the counter. 

"Why didn't you fix it while I was gone?" She asked as she began pulling items out of the plastic bag. 

"I don't know how to work it." I admitted, and she turned to me with a light chuckle. 

"We've lived here for 2 years, and you never told me you didn't know how to work the thermostat." Her smile then dropped as I turned my attention back to the window. I then heard her footsteps as she walked towards me, and took a seat beside me with her back to the window. "Sami, are you ok?" She asked in a worried tone. Classic Shay, always caring for others, and worried about everyone but herself.

"Shay," I said weakly, "do you ever feel like you are waiting on something or someone?" She then gave me a soft smile. 

"Yes, I do. Why do you ask?" 

"Because that's how I feel, but the feeling numbs me." She then raised an eyebrow. 

"I have a bad feeling about that." She whispered to herself. I then shook my head, and decided to change the subject. She's had enough stress on her lately. 

"What did you buy?" I asked as I looked over to the plastic bag on the counter. She then got up, and walked over to the counter where the bag sat. 

"I got somethings to cook for breakfast. Eggs, bread, waffles, and just about anything you could imagine." She joked, which made me chuckle. She then took the rest of the items out of the plastic bag, and began cooking. I then turned my attention back to the window with a sigh. 

Shay and I met in High School. We were in Art class together, but ended up sharing a love for dance. So after we graduated High School, we went to a preforming arts school. We are still going to the school, while working part time at a coffee shop. Our dream is to open our own dance studio. Sometimes I wonder if that dream is even possible, but then Shay reassure me that its more than possible. Shay studies hard at school, and works long hours at the coffee shop. Shay always worries for my health, when she should worry for her own. She's very pale, with dyed blonde hair, her eyes a mixture of grey, blue, and green. She's rather insecure about herself even though she has no reason to be. As for me I have hazel eyes, my skin lightly tan, with light brown hair that I'll soon be dying a maroon color. I don't like doing the same thing everyday. I like to live with a little adventure. Shay on the other hand loves doing the same thing everyday, and can't stand to do anything slightly adventurous. At times Shay and I are polar opposites, but at the same time we match each other well. That's what keeps our friendship strong. We look out for each other. Of course we have other friends, but I'm closest to Shay. Our friend, Makayla, is a photographer. She loves taking pictures of people. She love photography in general. Other than Shay, Makayla is the only other person I could trust with personal matters. 

"Breakfast is done, Sami." Shay said as she cut off the stove. A soft smile came upon my face. I have a good life. I just hope that it gets even better from here. 

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this! Leave me a comment to let me know how I am doing! Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51