Chapter 4. Here We Go Again

Magnus sat on the green sofa with pillows all around him in different colors. His phone buzzed and he answered, he wasn’t waiting for something in particular but he had a job this afternoon but it was only eleven and he had thought that he had deserved to sit lazily on the sofa.

   “This is Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn, if you have the money you have the warlock.” He purred into the phone.

   “Magnus, I kind of need help.”

   “Alec?” he asked surprised, it had said unknown on the caller id.

   “Yeah who else, do you have more shadowhunter boyfriends around you?” Alec said frustrated and Magnus saw before him how Alec had raised his eyebrows but a smile was playing on his lips.

   “No only you, disappointing I know.” Magnus mocked witha grin.

   “Seriously Magnus, this is important I need you right now.”

   “Where are you?”

   “Heading to your apartment.”

   Just as Alec had said that the door opened and the young shadowhunter stormed into the room. Magnus got up and went to greet him; he threw away his cellphone on top of the sofa and hugged his boyfriend firmly. He had done that before, coming and hugging Alec when he got in, bringing the cold with him. But Magnus didn’t mind he always liked the way Alec smelled, sometimes like sandalwood, sometimes like New York morning and sometimes like blood.

   “What’s the emergency?” he asked guiding Alec to the sofa.

   “Isabelle is throwing a party and wants me there.” He sounded stressed and panicked.

   “A party?” Magnus laughed and almost doubled over with laughter. “A party?” his whole body was shaking from laughter and he started crying.

   “It isn’t funny!” Alec said and got up slowly pacing back and forth in front of him.

   “It is.” Magnus said calming down.

    “Do you want to come with me? Please, I can’t stand Isabelle’s parties but this time she will invite everyone she knows because it’s her half birthday or something.”

   “Do we have to bring gifts?”

   “No, I don’t think so.”

   “Then I’ll be happy to come with you.”

   “Really?!” Alec sounded way to happy about that but Magnus nodded and got to his wardrobe, he didn’t need to do the job anyway it was your basic raising demon to do a bidding, almost anyone could do it.

   Magnus changed into his rainbow pants, which he adored and then he put on a mint green tee and a pink scarf. He fixed his hair and went back into the living room where Alec sat on the sofa looking depressed.

   “You know we could always skip it and go take a drink.”

   “Yeah no, we could take a drink and then go to the party. You wouldn’t understand you don’t live with her.”

   “I don’t and I’m glad about that.” Magnus pointed out and let Alec go first out of the apartment.

They walked slowly, hand in hand through the street and chatted briefly about everything and nothing. When they turned down the street a pink woman stood before them. Her blond curly hair flew in the wind and she smiled at Magnus.

   “Magnus hey you jerk, answer the phone next time.”

   “Always a pleasure to met you too Carrie Rae.”