18

~~~days later~~~
——Roe's POV——

I'm walking down the street with a book in hand, just like I do every day. I had just come back from the library, and was trying to make it home before the rush of people appeared on the street. At this time in the afternoon, people were still inside working or are sitting behind a desk in class, but since I have no school to attend I can do anything I want, and I want to read a book.

I had barely gotten through the first chapter of the novel in my hands before someone ran into me from behind. I shriek as I spastically fall to the ground.

I push myself up off the sidewalk and look at who ran into me. "Adrien?"

The boy dressed as a black cat gives me a sheepish look. "Sorry Roe..."

The young superhero springs up onto his feet and then helps me off the ground. He does a quick salute, then runs away.

"Hang on a sec," I say, grabbing onto Chat Noir's tail as I notice his partner sprinting towards us. "Since when do you run away from Ladybug?"

"Let me go!" He cries, frantically trying to get away from me.

"Stupid cat, get back here!" Ladybug calls.

"She sounds mad," I say, then turn to Chat. "What did you do?"

"Nothing!"

"Yeah, right," Ladybug counters as she gets close. "You can't run out on the doctor like that, Adrien!"

"I don't wanna get a needle!"

"Well, if you want to know the truth, then you need to have some blood work done. If you don't get your ass back to the doctors office right now then we'll lose our spot in line!"

Chat groans as Ladybug takes his arm and starts dragging him down the sidewalk. I giggle, then run after them.

"Mind if I join you?"

"Yes, please do," Ladybug sighs. "This kid is a little hard to handle."

"Am not!"

Ladybug goes cross-eyed.

"Maybe you should detransform first?" I ask, trying to prevent an argument from starting.

"Good plan," Ladybug says. She grabs Chat by the ears and drags him to an alleyway. In a flash of pink and green, they both change to their civilian forms.

"Alright, now we go back to the doctor."

—————Marinette's POV————-

I hold Adrien's hand as he sits in the chair, waiting for the needle. The doctor takes a sample of blood, and then tells us to go see the front desk of the clinic once he's done.

"I didn't know you were afraid of needles," I say as he, Roe and I walk out the door.

"I didn't know either," he replies, embarrassed. "Why am I acting this way?"

"Behavioural regression is a symptom," Roe mutters through a cough.

"What?"

"Never mind..."

"Mr. Agreste?" The lady at the desk calls.

He goes up to her. "Yeah, that's me."

"It says here that you're under 18. We need confirmation from your parents that you're allowed to have this blood test done."

"I, uh—"

"That'd be me," I butt in.

The lady squints at her. "You look too young to be his mother."

"Oh, why thank you, darling," I say, trying to act older than my age. "Now, where do I sign?"

———-Adrien's POV———-

"I can't believe you pulled that off!" Roe exclaims as we exit the building.

"Yeah, me neither," Mari replies.

"Thanks Mari," I say, hugging her. I hope she knows how much I appreciate her support. "And you too, Roe."

I pull our new friend into the hug as well. She looks surprised, but she doesn't resist.

"How about we go to lunch? It's on me," I say.

"I could never say no to free food!" Roe says excitedly.

Mari giggles. "Okay, but where?"

I think for a second, and then it hits me. "I've got an idea..."

————

We sneak into Mari's bakery and steal a bunch of pastries and bread. Then, we run towards the Eiffel Tower.

"Darn it, the elevator looks closed," Roe observes.

"That's not a problem when you're a super hero," I reply, then make sure no ones watching. "Plagg, claws out!"

"In case you haven't noticed, I don't have the ability to turn into an oversized animal."

"Then you can just ride on me," I say casually, pointing to my back.

"That does not sound right," Roe says.

"I'll carry you," I clarify.

"I would rather die."

"Just get on my back!"

"Nope, I'm gonna die."

I laugh and ignore her protests; I scoop her up in my arms. Carrying her bridal style, I start bringing her up the Eiffel Tower, with M'lady right behind me. 

We get to the top in no time. I set Roe down, who punches me as soon as her feet are on the floor. M'lady opens the picnic basket we packed, and we all start enjoying the delicious food.

"So, when was the last time you two went on a date?" Roe asks.

"Um..." I start.

"I don't think we've been on one before," M'lady says.

Roe's jaw drops. "Why not?"

"We haven't really had time..." I try to explain.

"That's no excuse! You should be having dates at least once a week; you're not married yet!"

"It's okay," M'lady says. "We see each other enough."

"Which is why a date is important! You need to show each other how much your love has grown every day."

"Alright," I say. "Where should we go, M'lady?"

"Hmm... I don't know."

Roe facepalms. "Just take her to the Louvre or something, Adrien!"

"Yeesh! Okay, fine. Mari, do you want to go to the Louvre with me?"

"I'd love to, kitty."

—————a/n——————-

Hi! It's been a while. I haven't been updating frequently, and I'm sorry if you were waiting impatiently. Let me know what you think! I'm open to suggestions for the next chapter.