Chapter Three

"Bella," Ethan says in a low, husky voice, mimicking a twilight scene that made Katherine and Mia burst into a fit of laughter at his awful acting skills.

The ten minute drive to the party was smooth, and by the time they arrived, the party was in full swing. Halloween decorations hung up everywhere and carved pumpkins were placed on the front porch. Once they made their way inside, through the intoxicated teenagers, they were greeted by a not so sober Nole.

"Ethan, my man!" he yells over the really loud music blasting through the whole house. Once he makes his way towards them with a red cup in one hand, he hugs Ethan and takes a quick glance at Katherine from head to toe.

"Nole, sup," Ethan replies, grabbing back his attention.

"And who is this? I believe we've never met before, I'm Nole and-"

"She's my girlfriend," Ethan cuts him off rudely while Katherine smiles shyly, clearly uncomfortable.

"I'm Katherine," she answers and shakes his hand.

"And I'm gonna go grab a drink," Mia says, excusing herself from that awkward conversation and making her way to the drinks.

"Well then, enjoy?" Nole asks, bringing the red cups to his lips and taking a huge gulp of the alcohol.

This is going to be a long night.

_

Mia stares at her reflection in the bathroom mirror for what seems like forever, taking deeps breaths until she finally takes out the white powder and brings it to her nose, sniffing the substance. A sigh escapes her lips when she notices her red puffy eyes and untamed hair.

When she walks back into her bedroom, she brushes her hair and changes into some decent clothes. Her room was still the way it was, clothes piled on the floor, and alcohol bottles everywhere. Once she hangs up her clothes and throws the dirty ones in the hamper, she grabs a bottle of alcohol and sits cross-legged on her bed with her laptop in front of her.

How to stop drug addiction was the only topic she was researching on for the past few hours, totally ignoring her homeworks. Mia has been at this really desperate state for a while now, not knowing what to do and how to stop taking drugs. And to top all of that, she hasn't spoken to Ethan in days because of their last encounter. Once she's done, she just stares at her laptoop emotionless until her eyes land on a certain folder under the name Katherine.

She quickly opens it and a huge number of videos and photos appear. She scrolls through some pictures of themselves on thanksgiving, halloween, parties, school, and much more. Who knew a folder would bring back so many memories and as realisation hits her that Katherine's still missing, tears make their way down her cheeks.

"Mia?" her dad calls out from the hallway and she quickly closes the folder, pretending to do her homework. Her parents were really worried about her recently to the point where it was unnecessary and annoying.

"Come in," she says, and soon enough, her dad comes in. "Dinner's ready," 

Once she makes her way down the stairs, she takes a seat at the dining table across her parents. Her parents were eating and talking about politics, as usual which bored Mia to death.

She was playing with the sphagetti on her plate, not bothering to eat.

"Mia, are you going to eat that?" her mother asks concernly.

"I don't feel like eating anything, I'm not hungry," she replies and her mom raises an eyebrow.

"What do you mean you're not hungry? You haven't had lunch either," she says sternly and her dad clears his throat as a sign for Lauren to calm down.