Chapter Four

Thoughts and ideas are running through Ethan's mind. Is Mia seeing someone? Who is she dating? Why didn't she tell me? He kept scrolling through his mind, so, he decided to find out all by himself. He tried talking to her, thinking she may open up, but it didn't work. He tried looking for a close friend of hers, other than himself and Katherine, but there wasn't a clue.

Speaking of Katherine, he wishes that she was here to help him find out what's going on and figure things out. "Katherine's been gone for six months," Ethan mutters to himself while sitting by the beach, as if the beach was his friend or a shoulder that he could lean on.

Ethan had been spending most of his days, and nights at the beach, trying to lift the weight off his chest and free the pile of thoughts in his head. Eventually, the beach became his little getaway. He would sit by the water, letting off some steam.

He would scream, cry, or even laugh. There were times when he just didn't say a word and just spent the entire night, admiring the beauty in front of him which was the beach. 

"There's not even a clue, you know, is she alive? is she okay? is she thinking of me as much as I do? What is she doing right now? With whom is she now?" he says. He suddenly stands up and starts screaming with all the energy he has left. "Oh god, oh god! why? All I'm asking for is a single clue, please give us a clue and don't leave us worried sick here! Can't you see us? send us hope!" 

A man comes running down the beach toward Ethan. "Yo man, you okay?" Ethan was so stressed that he punched the man in his stomach, making him lay on the sand.

"Chill out dude!" says the man, pushing himself off the sand to stand up. "You okay? What's going on?" he asks out of curiosity.

"So, I guess that punch wasn't enough for you? want another one?" Ethan says while targeting his upcoming punch.

"I'm Dan, what a great way of greeting someone for the first time-"

"Seriously man, I'm not in the mood!" Ethan interrupts him, walking away and leaving Dan behind.

"Your name?" Dan follows him and grabs his wrist, turning him around.

"Am I supposed to give out my name to a stranger I just met? Look, I have a lot on my plate right now and I really don’t want another person involved." He says, pulling his hand away from his grip.

“I’m Dan, your name?” he repeats.

“It’s Ethan, now good bye!” Ethan yells. 

“YO, BRO!” Dan screams, trying to get Ethan’s full attention.

“You seriously need a chill pill, as you can see I’m trying to help here.” Dan says while waiting for a response from him.

Suddenly, as Dan waits for a reply, Ethan starts to scream with all the energy he has, making him pass out. Dan didn’t know what to do for a second, he gatheres his thoughts and runs to his car to grab the perfume he has stored in his drawer. He rushes back to Ethan and raises his legs up, spraying sprits of his Hugo Boss perfume on the palm of his hands. Then, he places the palm of his hand on Ethan’s nose, making him sniff the perfume.

_

The doctor walks in with a worried look on his face.

“Mrs. Stewart, I’m afraid I have some bad news. You’re suffering from PTSD, which is posttraumatic stress disorder.” He says, looking through some papers he has in his hands.

“What are the symptoms?” Nick asks.

“PTSD may develop when a person stresses out over traumatic events and Mrs. Stewart needs some rest.”