Chapter 1: First Day of Many

The sun slowly started to set to the West, letting some light into the city of Manhattan. Not a cloud in the sky was shown that evening. In a medium sized apartment complex downtown, a young girl was instantly awoken by the sun´s disappearing rays of light, along with her pet Doberman. She groaned, not wanting to wake up from her deep slumber. Sometimes, she would sleep in the day and be very active at night. It was then, she heard the sounds of knocking coming from the other side of her bedroom door. ¨Come on Renae, I gotta be at the station in 30 minutes¨, she heard the voice of a women say. She sighed, and got up from her soft, warm bed and into the bathroom to take a shower. 5 minutes later, she got out of the shower and brought out the clothes she was going to where. She chose a white long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, brown boots, and her green headband. She was even wearing her mother´s amethyst necklace that she would always wear. Two years ago, Renae´s parents´s lives were taken when a drunk driver hit them with his semi-large truck. It took a huge tole on the young girl, and with no other family to take care of her, she would´ve been on the streets.

                                                               Thankfully, Elisa Maza, a police detective, took her in and became like a foster mom to her. Renae was happy, but she couldn´t get rid of the thought of her parents being killed like that. Once again, her thoughts were interrupted when she hears her door opening. ¨Everything okay in here?¨ she asked her. ¨Yeah, yeah, everything´s fine¨ Renae told her. Elisa gave a concerned look, but she just shrugged it off a little. ¨Alright, ready to get going¨. ¨Yeah, coming, let's go Venus¨. Renae grabbed her bag, and went out the door with her dog and the police detective at her side. Eliza got into the car, but noticed that Renae was standing on the sidewalk, a foot away from the car. "Renae, you coming?" she asked her. The young girl looks at her and nods her head slightly. "I'm fine, I'm just probably going to go for a walk around" she said to her. Eliza was hesitant to let her walk around by herself, but knew that she was able to defend for herself. "Alright, just call if anything happens" she tells her. "Don't worry, I will. Besides, I've got Venus with me". With that said, Eliza drives her car off of the side and into the big city, leaving Renae to watch her til she was out of view. She sighs a little, then looks at her dog. "Ready for our walk, girl?" she asked her. Venus barked twice at her. Making that a yes, she smiled and she started to walk with Venus at her side.