14.0

February (2019)
London

Leon Maverick sips his tea in his favorite café in London

Leon Maverick sips his tea in his favorite café in London. He looks around to see the hustle and bustle of the city. The people driving their cars, the kids on their bikes and scooters... it's peaceful to him.

His phone rings and he looks down at the caller ID.

"Idris. What can I do for you?"

"Hi dad. We need you to come to Miami next week."

"You have a plan?"

"That's what they're coming to discuss."

"Alright. When?"

"Next Wednesday. Dom said if you fly in on Tuesday you can stay with her."

"Will he be there?"

"No dad. He's already moved out."

"Good. I can keep my granddaughter company. I'll see you next week."

"See you." He hangs up.

Since Leon retired from the gangster business, he doesn't really leave London often just in case the police are following him for something he did 20+ years ago. He'd rather get detained at home than in the States just to come back to London in the end.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

Leon gets off the plane in Miami after his long flight and looks for his granddaughter. He finally sees her and the biggest smile spreads across her face.

"Grandpa!" She says happily.

"I've missed you so much." He says, hugging her.

"Me too." She takes his bags. "How was the flight?"

"Long." He groans. She laughs. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Why wouldn't I be?" He looks at her as they walk to her car. "Oh yeah that."

"Your father told me what happened at Christmas. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you." She shrugs.

"It's alright Grandpa. I had enough people crowding around me."

"Your dad said he moved out." She snorts.

"Moved? Yeah. More like he was felt so uncomfortable that he had no choice but to leave. I don't know where he's staying now." She sighs. "It's such a big house with no one in it."

"Well now you have another person." He rubs her shoulder.

"I'm glad you're here Grandpa."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

One by one, the men and Renee as proxy for the women come in to Braun and Dominique's to go over the plan. Dominique grabs drinks for everyone.

"Is everyone acquainted with each other?" Idris asks. Everyone nods. "Great let's get started. How are we doing this?"