Chapter three

*one month later*
I'd given my months notice on my flat and today was moving day. I was so excited about living with the girls. Marie's boyfriend Jay had come to help us move, well to be fair he did most of it as me and the girls celebrated with a glass of wine.
As exciting as it was to be living with my best friends I couldn't help feeling a little anxious as I only had a month left at work. I'd seen a couple of jobs and applied but not heard anything yet.
Marie noticed I was a bit distant and suggested we have a girly night in, "we can have a pamper session and chill out, what dya think?" Jay heard us talking "me and the guys are playing next Friday night at some fancy ball why don't you girls come, it's one of those where everyone has to wear masks the whole night and if you 2 are anything like Marie you'll love it" he said. Marie's boyfriend was in a band called the wanted and they were in the process of recording their first album but in the meantime were playing gigs like this, he could easily get us on the guest list.
Marie screamed and jumped on him giving him kisses all over his face before reaching his lips "you really are amazing, we would love to come wouldn't we girls" me and Law looked at her then each other with a big grin and together shouted "we're in"
Once we got sorted in the apartment we decided girls night in was still happening, we had plans to make. "Ok girls we need gorgeous new dresses, let's get shopping" Law said while turning on the laptop. "Masks, we need masks and they've gotta be amazing" Marie said getting excited. "Before that we need music" I said walking over to the CDs " hmm what shall we listen to?" I ask before we all shout "A1" at the same time. We spend the night drinking cocktails, dancing, singing, doing each other's hair and make up and searching the net for the best dresses and masks we could find.