Chapter 24

'My head: You deserve it', My heart: You deserve better'

'My head: You deserve it', My heart: You deserve better'.- Unknown

K A Y M I R A

Bright red pooled my sclera, probably from all the crying I did last night.

Above my left brow, there was a nasty opening stained with blood and a purple black color circled my eye.

Makeup could hide this right?

A tear escaped from my eye and I wiped it away. I didn't deserve to let these tears fall.

Why was I even crying? I made him do this to me.

An immense amount of pain was shooting throughout my body as I stood here, examining my bruised figure in the mirror.

I lifted my shirt, running my hands carefully over the purple bruises. The old ones were getting dull until he decided to brighten them.

I came into the bathroom to escape him and our regular morning routine.

The forced good mornings, the meaningless I love you's and the repellent kisses.

I was growing weary of the act. Pretending was slowly making me fall apart.

For the longest time, I've imagined myself as a shattered glass.

Broken.

Unable to put back together.

My soul was fractured and there was no remedy to fix it.

A loud bang reverberated from the door and my hand flew to my chest, a breathy gasp escaping my lips.

"Kaymira, what are you doing in there? I need to take a shower." His deep voice boomed, anger and impatience rising in his tone.

"I-I don't feel well. Can you please use the bathroom in your--our room?" I asked softly, not wanting to anger him any further.

"You're gonna tell me what bathroom to use in my own house? Open the door or I'm coming in by force!" His voice came out startling and powerful.

Now I just provoked him even more. We don't want that.

"K-Ki please, I'm puking all over the floor." I lied hopefully.

"So what, let me in." He demanded, jiggling the door knob. "Kaymira, I won't tell you again." He shouted, sending loud bangs through the door.

With a restless sigh, I plopped myself onto the floor and hugged my knees to my chest.

I didn't have a minute to myself and Kian always made sure of that but this was just taking it to another level.