Chapter 3: Astronomy Club

Angelie had already been going to school for a few days, and her time was summed up in the generic answer of "good". It was just a regular high school with a regular schedule, and Angelie adapted once again. She spent time with Rebecca, mostly listening and following her bubbly personality. She also expected to see Taylor again, but surprisingly he was almost nonexistent. 

     Every day she would come home from school, smile at her mother's worried expression, and tell her that she had a nice day. She would go back up to her room and sit at her desk, doing whatever homework she had with Stardust curled at her feet. It felt normal, and Angelie appreciated that feeling after so long.

     It was nearing her first week when she finally heard about the "clubs" at school. There was quite an assortment, ranging from cliques to the general school-made ones. Being a member of a club was basically establishing your social status in the school's "society", and it seemed to be quite a craze. Even Rebecca talked about it:

     "You're nearing your first week already; you thinking about joining a club?" Rebecca asked nonchalantly, although Angelie could see the excitement dancing in her eyes. 

     Rebecca knew how Angelie functioned; never exerting herself unless she needed to, especially in social situations. She already learned her lesson in a past life, and she wasn't about to make the same mistake again. Rebecca was a nice friend, but she was obligated to be for now.

     "You know how I feel about that," Angelie paused, "but maybe I can try if there are any interesting ones," she finished, saving Rebecca from her disappointed downfall. This caused her face to erupt in excitement, and she started chattering away about the things Angelie didn't care about.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

     It was barely after school as Angelie walked through the hallways, passing empty classrooms on her way to one specific one. The place wasn't completely empty, with students still about doing extracurricular activities. She was heading to sign up for one of these extracurricular activities; the Astronomy Club.

     She was heading to a specific classroom to sign up for the club, unfazed by her surroundings. She stopped suddenly when she entered the classroom though, when she saw a familiar face surrounded by familiar hair. He was sitting lazily in a chair, his arrogant posture clearly conveying his identity. She couldn't speak for a moment, and he looked equally shocked when he caught sight of her.

     "Wow, Angelie? Didn't think you would be showing up here," he said with that same smirk. She felt her shoulders tense in anticipation of the exchange, although she reminded herself to stay calm. She greeted him, and he just kept staring at her with that smirk; she felt annoyed just like she did the first day they met.

     She headed up to the clipboard to sign her name, freezing again when she saw a familiar name on the chart right above hers. Everything made sense about him now; why else would he be in the room?

     "Didn't know you were the space type," he commented, and she felt herself bristle up again. She decided to remain calm and ignored him, signing her name swiftly and turning to leave. He reached out and grabbed her arm, forcing her to come to a complete stop.

     "Wait, I don't mean to offend you," he swallowed, looking up directly into her eyes. She felt heat creeping up into her cheeks, although she stayed where she was. "I just mean that maybe this'll be a nice space for nerds like us," he smiled, loosening his grip on her arm. 

     "I think you might be alright after all," Angelie responded, finally smiling. Taylor kept smiling back.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

     Angelie and Mary sat down back-to-back on the floor beside the bed, admiring the newly painted ceiling. Mary was leaning on her more heavily than Angelie; she had just finished painting and was rightfully tired. They looked at the beautiful pinks, purples, and blues, the white speckles freshly standing out.

     "Finally... that took forever," Mary sighed, and they chuckled. 

     "Well, thank you," Angelie said, turning her head as much as she could to see the others face. Mary smiled back at her, sighing contentedly as she leaned back in. Angelie smiled too; she was proud of her friend. And this moment was one that fully solidified their friendship.

Angelie would remember this moment forever.

____________________

Hey again!!

Sorry I haven't been posting... and still haven't been motivated... but it's back!!

I swear, I will post at least on the weekends, so you don't have to worry.

Sorry if it seems a little boring... but I'll develop the plot more

But anyway, I'll see ya again soon :)

~JAPEGB