Chapter One: I've missed you

It was about 10am when I awoke. I let out a groan and wiped my eyes. I opened them to see an unfamiliar enviorment. 

"Where am I?" I mumbled.

I heard a light chuckle come from across the room. 

"Why, you're at my house, silly," Ali said. "You must have forgot you were here, because you were pretty tired when you got off the plane. As soon as you got here, you threw your bags down, and crashed."

I jumped out of bed, and ran over to hug her. She let out a grunt, which I assumed was because I was hugging her so tightly.

"Ali!" I shrieked.

Ali is my cousin, and I have not seen her in years. Not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't. We used to be unseperable when we were younger, or so we thought. Something did end up seperating us. Her dad got a new job, and, they had to move. She used to live in Virginia, with me, but his new job forced them to move to Melbourne, Australia. I missed her so much. She was only nine years old when they moved, and now she's eighteen, which is actually only one year older than me. After they moved, we didn't talk for about seven years. It was kind of depressing, actually. But, on my 15th birthday, I got a long distance call from my aunt. I was so excited when I found out I was going to get to talk to Ali. I talked to her for about two hours before she had to go to bed. However, before we hung up the phone, we made sure to add eachother on facebook, and follow eachother on twitter. We talked almost everyday since, except for the days that she got grounded, or it was too late. It really made me sad that we could never see eachother, so this year my mom finally did something nice. She told me that since I had been wanting to come visit for such a long time, this summer I could come stay with Ali! So, here I am. 

I stood looking at Ali, she had changed so much. She no longer resembled the innocent, nine year old girl who I had been close to. Her hair was no longer a light auburn color. It was dark brown, almost black. She was about 5 ft 4, extremely tan, and very slender. Her eyes still had the emerald green glow that I always remembered though. 

"What?" Ali asked, noticing me staring at her.

"Nothing, it's just... You've changed, a lot," I said.

"Yeah, so have you!" Ali said pulling me into another hug. "Are you still tired?" 

"No, I think I'm all good today," I said. "Where is aunt Mariah?" I gave Ali a puzzling look.

"Oh, did I forget to tell you?" Ali said sheepishly.

"Apparently so?" I responded, although it was more of a question.

"I moved out, and got my own house," she informed me.

"Oh, awesome!" I said, letting the corners of my mouth curve up into a grin.

"Yeah, so, get some clothes on, we're going somewhere," Ali said, with a smile stretching across her face.

"Where ar--"

Ali cut me off, "Don't ask questions, just do it."

I leaned down and opened up one of my bags. I pulled out a black v-neck shirt, and a pair of ripped skinny jeans, and put them on. I slid on my pink vans, and looked at Ali.

"Do I have time to put on make up?" I asked.

She nodded reassuringly so I pulled out my make up bag, and walked over to the vanity. I glared at my appearance for a few seconds, and applied a thin layer of black eyeliner. I then reached for her brush, and began combing my hair. After I finished, I turned to her.

"I'm ready," I said.

"Good, let's go!" Ali said, grabbing my wrist and guiding me outside.

I just let her take me where we were going, seeing as to how I already had no idea where I was. She led me across the street to a slightly bigger house. She didn't knock, just walked in, dragging me with her, and shutting the door behind her.