Chapter 6: I'm Falling to Pieces

(Ali's P.O.V. - Point of view)

I rolled over and peeked my eyes open. Sunlight was shining brightly through the window. I slipped Jai's arm off of me softly, at my best attempt not to wake him. I looked over at Jai, his eyes shut, his face calm. He looked beautiful. Don't get me wrong, he always looked beautiful, but it was something more than beauty right now. There was just something special about the care free expression on his baby face as he visited his dream land.

I brushed my hand through his hair, and kissed him lightly on the cheek before slipping out of bed. Any other time i would be more than happy to stay, and wait for Jai to wake up, but I really wanted a shower, plus I kind of wanted to creep out early, simply because I was unsure of when Luke would be home. He probably stayed with Hanna last night. My heart dropped at the though of that. Why? Why did I have feelings for two people? To make it worse, they were brothers, twin brothers.

I serached Jai's room for post it notes. I found them, and a pen, and I wrote him a short note.

"Jai,

I went home to take a shower, and didn't want to wake you. I love you! Text me when you're up

-Ali x"

I read over the note before sticking it on his cell phone.

I tip toed out of the room, shutting the door behind me. I was about to make my escape, until something stood in my way. I turned to see Luke frozen, standing at the top of the steps. He was staring at me, and his eyes had bags under them. However, his sleepy face soon changed into a sad one. For a second, I swore i could hear his heart break.

I peered at him, shaking in fear of how he would react to this. He bit his lip, and his brows formed into a deep crease.

Luke walked over to me slowly, I could see the venom in his eyes as he snaked further, and further. His expression never changed. He grabbed my wrist, and pushed me against the wall, letting out a loud thud. It hurt so bad I wanted to cry, but I couldn't, because Luke was covering my mouth so that I could not make a noise.

"Why are you leaving my brother's room?" he asked me.

He uncovered his hand from my mouth, and stared at me, waiting for me to speak. it was clear that his patience were wearing thin, and my silence was only furthering his anger.

His hand released my wrist, and crept up to my shoulder.

"Did you sleep with him?" he asked, his voice now getting more firm.

I looked up at his red face. His eyes were bulging, and he was furious. He bit his lip once more.

"Fucking answer me!" he demanded.

I looked down to the ground, and shook my head. His grip on my shoulder quickly increased, and he shoved me more into the wall. Oh how badly I wanted to scream, but did not make a sound.

"You're a liar, and a slut. I want you to stay away from Jai. Is that clear?" he asked. 

I nodded, still looking down, and he let go of me. My knees were now weak, as I fell to the ground. A few tears escaped my eyes, but I wiped the awat with my thumbs, and stood up. i ran down the steps, and out the front door. I refused to stop until I reached the inside of my own home.

Inside, I slam the door, locking it behind me. I burst into tears. I tried, and tried to stop the tears, but they just kept coming. 

I force myself to walk up the stairs, and into the bathroom. I take a deep  breath, and begin to slide my purple dress off my skinny body.