Chapter Five: It's Happening

Ali's P.O.V (Point of view)

"Luke's not going to be home tonight, so, you can just take her to his bed," I heard Beau say. I was laying on the couch, my eyes shut, but, his voice was quite distinct.

Someone then picked me up off the couch, I figured it was Jai. He carried me up the steps, and I peeked my eyes open. 

"Please don't sit me down in his bed," I whispered into Jai's ear. 

"You're awake?" Jai asked.

I nodded at him, and wiped my eyes. He brought me to my feet. The room spun for a second, and I felt dizzy, probably from all the wine I had drank during dinner. I'm pretty sure I drank almost half of the bottle by myself. I waited for the room to stop spinning, and looked up at Jai.

"I know I got a bit tipsy earlier, but I'm fine now. So, if you want me to go home I--" I said, until Jai cut me off.

"Don't be ridiculous! You're always welcome here, besides, we told Tiff you'd stay with us tonight."

I smiled at him, "Thanks."

"And, since you don't feel comfortable sleeping in here, you can stay in my room," Jai added.

That was all the approval I needed before walking into his room. He closed the door behind us. 

"Well, dinner was awkward. I take it you aren't friends with Luke anymore?" Jai questioned me.

"Correct, I mean, we just..." My voice trailed off.

"You just what?" he asked.

"I just can't talk to him anymore. I can't tell him anything anymore. Our friendship has changed so much. He treats me differently now, and I know things will never be the same..." My voice quivered as I spoke those words.

"Does this have anything to do with Hanna?" he asked, peering at me.

"No, I mean, I don't think so. He just doesn't act the same around me anymore." I was trembling, and could not hold it in any longer.

A tear streamed down my cheek, which was followed by another, and another. I sniffled a little, and Jai pulled me into his chest, giving me a hug. His grip was really tight, and I felt my heart start to pick up it's pace. Why? I had hugged Jai so many times before, but this time I felt something. Something different, something weird. It was a good kind of weird, though. 

"I'm always here for you, babe," Jai mumbled into my hair.

I looked up at him, and his brown eyes gazed down into mine. 

I wasn't sure what made me do it, but, I leaned up, and let my lips meet his. As the time passed, the kiss deepended. His tongue brushed against my bottom lip, begging for entrance, which I gladly gave him. Our tongues swirled, as I slowly guided Jai over to his bed. I pushed him down, collapsing on top of him, our mouths never seperating. I was hovering over him, with his hands on my waist. I moved my hands down on Jai until I reached the bottom of his shirt. I started to tug on it, but I was immediately stopped by Jai's hands grabbing mine. 

I pulled myself off of him, ending the passionate kiss we just shared. I was stradling his lap, and I looked into his eyes, with lust, and confusion.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No! I just don't think it's a good idea right now, Al," He said.

"Why not? Is there something wrong with me?" I said, now frowning.

"Of course not! Don't be silly!" Jai said, leaning up to face me. "I want to, oh trust me, I do. I just don't want it to be like this. I want it to be special, because you're special. It should be one of those things that happens with time. I don't want to do something with you tonight, only for you to regret it in the morning."