Chapter Three: You got to lahme

"Wake up, beautiful," I heard Ali's voice giggle in a sweet tone.

She shook me gently, and my eyes fluttered open. I sat up and looked at her. Her hair was up in a messy bun on the side of her head. She has on a dark blue polo, and a pair of khakis. Her keys were in her hand. I glared at them, then, up into her eyes in utter confusion.

"I have to go to work this morning. But, I didn't think you'd feel comfortable staying by yourself, so, I arranged for someone to come over and stay with you," Ali said.

"Oh..." I said looking away then back at her. "May I ask who's going to be coming over?"

"Me." I heard a raspy voice say. 

I turned to see Daniel standing in the doorway. 

"Yes, him," Ali said, patting me on the back. "Now, I must go. You know I'd love to stay, but if I'm late to work one more time, my asshole of a boss will fire me." Ali stood up, and walked towards the door. Daniel stepped out of the way, and she passed him on her way out. 

"So, how'd you end up getting stuck with a loser like me?" I asked teasingly.

"Well, if you're anything like your cousin, I'd be scared to leave you alone," he said, a smirk now appearing across his face.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked smiling at him.

"Didn't she tell you?" he asked, his grin widening.

"No?" I questioned him back.

"A while back, me, and Beau were over here hanging out with her. Eventually, we all got huntry, and Ali went to make us some food. She put the food in a pot to boil, sat it on the stove eye, and sat, waiting for it to boil. About an hour passed by, but the water in the pot was still room temperature. Turns out, the poor thing turned on the wrong eye. She melted her plastic cover, and almost burned the house down. We still pick on her for it," Daniel said chuckling.

I let out a slight giggle, and asked him, "Do you really think I'm going to burn the house down?"

"No, but let's not take any chances," he winked at me.

I finally got the energy to peel the blanket off of me and stand up. I grabbed a pair of white shorts, and a soccer hoodie out of my bad, and walked to the bathrooom. I locked the door behind me, and quickly changed clothes. I brushed my teeth, and combed my hair, then braided it to one side. I turned off the light, and returned back to the bedroom where I spotted Daniel sitting on my bed.

Daniel was examining my body, and I began to blush. I knew he was being perverted, but, it didn't really bother me. Actually, I felt kind of flattered.

Daniel opened his lips and said, "Well you look nice."

"Thanks," I replied, letting the side of my mouth curl up into a half smile.

I pulled out my phone, and went to my music.

"Is it okay if I play some music?" I asked.

Daniel nodded at me, and I went back to selecting a song. I chose the "Lahme Song." When the song started, Daniel's face lit up.

"You know this song?" he asked in shock.

"Um, duh," I laughed and began to sing along.

Daniel started singing along with me, as well. We both sang and danced like fools until the song ended, and that's when he smiled at me brightly.

"You're not as shy as you were yesterday," he said to me.

"Yeah... I just don't do well meeting big groups of people," I admit.

"Well, you don't have to be shy around us. We're just a bunch of idiots," he said, flashing me a smile.

"Eh, I suppose you're right," I said smiling back at him.

Daniel's eyes wandered down to my body again. His eyes stopped when they reached my chest. Why was he being so obvious about this?

"Um, Skip?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry! I swear I wasn't looking at that!" he shrieked.

"Looking at what?" I asked teasingly. 

"Your, um, you know..." his voice trailed off. "It's just that you're wearing a soccer swearshirt."

"What about it?" I asked.

"I just, I didn't know you played soccer," he said.

"I don't," I reply. 

Daniel develops a very puzzled look on his face as he looks at me.

"Then why do you have a...?" he asked, not even finishing his question.

"It was my aunt's when she was in college. But, don't get me wrong, I do love soccer. I usually just play with friends for fun, though. I've tried out for my school team before, but, I've just never been good enough, no matter how hard I try," I said, and my once happy face was now being covered with a devastated look.

"I play soccer," Daniel said. "I could teach you, if you want?" he offered.

I looked up into his eyes, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, totally! You seem really awesome, and sweet," he said grinning at me.

I quickly flashed him a smile back, and asked "When can we start?"

"Whenever you want, babe," he replied.

I blushed when he called me babe. Most American guys weren't that nice.

"How about now?" I suggest.

"Sure lets go!" He said.

I bent down, and grabbed my soccer ball and we raced out into the back yard. We stayed out back for hours until Ali came home. We all went inside, and Daniel was just about to leave, but before he did, he asked me for my number, and told me that we should hang out again soon. I gave it to him, and he hugged me, then walked out the door.