Chapter 24 ~ The Start of the Exams

"Get up." I yawned, turning over and snuggling deeper into my warm blankets. "(y/n) you're not pulling this crap today get up!" I opened my eyes, rubbing them and sitting up on my bed. I looked to the side to see Scorpius standing next to the bed, fully dressed and ready. I got up, walking to the calendar Kakashi got me, which was currently hanging on the door. Immediately, I realized what day it was. 

"OH MY GOD! It's the first day of the Chunin exams! What time is it?! Why didn't you wake me up sooner?!" I yelled. Scorpius just facepalmed and groaned in annoyance. 

"It's five in the morning. I tried to wake you up earlier but you either ignored me or told me to shut up and I was not dealing with that. Just get dressed I'll grab you breakfast," Scorpius answered, walking out of the room. I threw on my clothes, making sure to double check everything. I walked into the kitchen and sat at the table. Scorpius then set a plate of pancakes with smiley faces on them in front of me. I looked up to him and he just shrugged. "They're a good luck charm."

"Awe. Wow, I'm so flattered you care about me so much," I said smirking. His face turned the slightest bit pink. 

"Well if you die during this who's gonna get me food and carry me places everyday? Don't think so highly of yourself you've still got a long way to go to get to the top of my favorites list." This time he was the one smirking and I was the annoyed one.

"Oh yeah? Well who is at the top of your list?" 

"That's classified information."

"Tell me!" 

"I plead the fifth. Now eat your damn food if you keep wasting time even Naruto will be there before you," he answered. I laughed, scarfing down my pancakes. I got up from my seat, grabbed his hand and started running out the door. He took the initiative and converted himself into his snake form. I sprinted to the meetup building. 

Upon arriving, Sasuke was waiting outside, presumably for the rest of our squad to show up. "Good morning Sasuke," I smiled, plopping onto the ground. He gave a small hello and left me to my thoughts. Well now the only thing left to figure out is how to help them during the first test. Shouldn't you have figured that out beforehand? And either way, why do you just tell them the purpose of the exercise using your "telepathy". Obviously I could do that but it would defeat the purpose of the whole thing. Especially if I tell them about the last question. Maybe I could just let them know the activity is about cheating. Well, I'll tell Naruto that. Sakura can answer all the questions on her own and Sasuke isn't clueless. Speaking of Sakura, do you think she's still going to come? Definitely, I don't think my presence would change that much. Although even if she didn't we would still be able to participate. But she needs this character development so for the sake of everyone, I hope we didn't change that. 

Soon enough, Naruto had arrived, half asleep and muttering a quiet good morning. After a short nap though, he was as loud and annoying as always. Just the way I like it. Well I'm trying to relax right now. Oh shut up and be happy. It only took a little while longer for Sakura to finally make an appearance and come over to our little group. "Sakura! Hey, you're late," Naruto yelled out. 

"Uh, right. Sorry, guys," she paused for a moment, blankly staring at Sasuke. "Good morning, Sasuke."

"Yeah." Now that our whole group was here, we walking into the building. But before we made it in, I grabbed Sakura. 

"Hey. I just wanted to say that I'm really glad you came and I'm so proud of you. You've come so far in such a short amount of time and I just don't know what we'd do without that amazing brain of yours helping us out," I gave her the brightest smile I could manage this early in the morning. She blushed, caught completely off guard. She said thank you, giving me a hug, and we both finally walked in.