Chapter 4

Time flew by too fast and way too soon, the morning of my wedding came. The whole day was spent preparing for the once-in-a-lifetime event hosted that evening. I remember how my stomach was flipping over and over throughout the day.

That evening, when I walked down the aisle towards Josh, his eyes never left mine and his smile was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I remember how he gently slipped the ring onto my finger and the feeling of his lips on mine when we kissed. Every kiss with Josh felt like my first. Everything went smoothly and by the end of the night, I was grateful for that depressing afternoon, when I'd first encountered Josh, stirring my already cold coffee. I guess they're right when they say that there will always be a rainbow after the rain.

A year later, we had our first child. It was a girl and we named her Callista "Callie" Ann, nicknamed in memory of Kelly Hyland, who had passed on recently. Callie was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. She had my light blonde hair and Josh's bright blue eyes. I simply enjoyed holding her fragile figure in my arms, rocking her until she fell asleep. Soon after, we were allowed to bring her home and put her in the nursery filled with girly colors and objects. I remember how Josh used to spend his free time by Callie's cot, playing with her. Sometimes, I'd quietly watch them, smiling at the cuteness of it all. I alway thought that Josh would be around to watch Callie grow up forever and our days would be be filled with happiness.

But all that was soon to be changed.