Undefined Threat

"Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping. It was a real disorder. It was night terrors." Lydia insisted.

"Well, now she's the night terror." Stiles shrugged. "Especially since no one can find her."

"Okay, I know we're all tired and miserable..." Scott glanced to the side, taking notice of his excited Mason seemed. "Except for you."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Mason apologized. "This is all just mind-blowing."

"You're a Kitsune." Mason says to Kira. "I don't even know what that is."

"I'm still learning." Kira nodded.

"Liam," Stiles scoffed. "We said you could tell him. Not invite him to the inner circle."

"This is an inner circle?" I said questioningly.

"I'm in the inner circle?" Mason gasped.

"No." Liam and Stiles said together.

"Guys, look, back to Tracy." Scott pulled their attention back. "She's just one lone wolf. We can find her."

"One lone serial-killing wolf." Malia clarified.

"Uh, she only killed one person, you know. The other two were mauled." Stiles shook his head. "All right, then how do we catch her?"

"I say we put her down." Malia suggests.

I looked at her with confusion, Evan and Lydia exchanging glances with me. She was serious. After a few seconds it was Mason to break the awkward silence.

"Intense...." He said amazed.

"Lets, concentrate on finding her first, okay?" I said. "We'll figure out the rest later."

"Kara's right." Scott backed me up. "We keep an eye out in case she comes to the school, then we'll split up later, search the woods and the town."

They all nodded in agreement and we split for class. Whatever Tracy's intentions, she didn't deserve to die for losing control. We've all lost it one way or another, we just needed to figure out how to help her before it was too late.

I ditched some books in my locker and headed to Bio. Maybe there was a chance I didn't completely bomb the test, but I wasn't looking forward to it.

"Kara!" Theo's voice caught my attention and I saw him quickly closing his locker. I stopped to let him approach me

"Hey," I smiled.

"I was hoping to catch you before class." He smiled back, digging in his backpack.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I uh, have something for you." He said nervously. "A thank you, for coming to the creek with me."

"Oh, you didn't have to get me anything." I said almost embarrassed. "I was just being a friend."

"I'd still like to thank you, it meant a lot to me." Theo said, finally pulling out a small fabric bag from his backpack. He opened it up, dumping out a gold chain into his palm.

"Okay, you really didn't have to get me anything." My eyes widened.

"Nonsense." Theo smiled, undoing the clasp. "My mother gets a discount at this jewelry store, it was next to nothing."

He took my hand gently, wrapping the glistening chain around my wrist a few times before redoing the clasp.

"It's beautiful." I said admiring it. "Thank you."

"It looks amazing on you." Theo smirked. The warning bell started going off so we started walking to class together. "So there's this new club all the freshmen have been going on about, I was thinking about checking it out this weekend."