Knight in Shining Armor

Scott, Liam and Evan arrived at the hospital just as Melissa was coming out to update us. I had a pit in my stomach the entire time. It wasn't like any of the other times we got hurt. Lydia couldn't heal like us, injuries weren't temporary. It was a lesson I wish I wouldn't have to keep repeating.

"Stiles," Melissa addressed him first, the look on his face worse than any of ours.

"How bad is it?" Scott asked just as he Evan and Liam approached us.

"Could have been worse." She says. "Theo, nice going on that tourniquet. You probably saved her life. All right. She's about to go into surgery. So it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about, or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?"

"It was the tail." Kira says. "Tracy cut her with the tail if that makes a difference."

"Okay." Melissa nods. She glances at us before walking back down the hall.

"But it wasn't just Tracy." Malia insists. "There were the others. The guys in the masks."

There wasn't anything but silence among us. I was getting the impression that Scott and Stiles might not believe her. I'm not sure I did either, but why would she lie? She expressed concerns about killing Tracy, but if she had done it, why not just admit to it? Say it was self defense? Why make up a story about masked men?

"You guys should go home," Stiles clears his throat. "I'm gonna stay a while."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I can stay."

"No," Stiles shook his head. "It's okay."

I nodded slowly, patting his shoulder. "I can give you guys a ride." Theo offers. Probably best seeing as we came here in Stiles Jeep.

"Thanks." I nodded. We said a last goodbye to Stiles and headed out.

We all filed out of the hospital, exhaustion hitting me like a brick wall. Also reminding me I had to get up in a few hours for school. Theo dropped off Kira and Malia, then headed to our houses. Theo parked his truck outside Scott's house, getting out with us.

Scott and Evan walked up to his house, but I waited back on the sidewalk with Theo for a minute. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, the kanima venom is out of my system." I nodded, sliding my hands into my back pockets. "Thank you, for everything tonight."

"Of course." Theo nodded. I stepped closer to him quickly, pecking his cheek, and quickly moving back.

"What was that for?" He smiled.

"For saving Lydia." I said.

"Any of you guys would've done the same." Theo shrugs it off. I started to back up awkwardly towards the house.

"Yes." I told him, trying to contain a smile.

"Yes?" he asked, confused.

"The new nightclub." I reminded him. "But, as friends."

"Sounds like a plan." Theo smiled back.

I couldn't hide a smile, so I turned around as I walked up the steps of Scott's house. I resisted the temptation to look back at him, not wanting him to see me so smitten.

Flashback

"How much further?" I asked.

"A day if not less, but we'll need a car unless you wanna walk another four days." He sighed.

"Okay." I said, my eyes scanning the parking lot. I decided on a junky looking truck, it was old enough not to have alarms and easy enough to hotwire. I put my fist through the window, and unlocked the door.