The Fight Begins

The chimera ants continue their rampage across the NGL and have finally bared their fangs at the underground ruler who led this country from the shadows.

Meanwhile, in the thickness of the forest, Wendy, Killua, and Mystogan were running through inside the forest with complete swiftness and speed as possible.

"It's safe for us to assume that the chimera ants have taken full control of the NGL's interior." Said Mystogan.

Wendy and Killua didn't respond in anyway to Mystogan's statement, nor did they ask any questions at all. All they did was to listen and keep on running as they go.

"The only question now is whether we can reach the nest before the queen has a chance to give birth to the king." Said Mystogan.

Later at Sunset...

The sun had started to set as Wendy, Killua, and Mystogan had found themselves into a small little village farm. However, to their surprise, the small village farm was abandoned and empty. Everyone's belongings and furniture had been thrown outside as well as ravaged and shriveled clothing that seemed like they had already been eaten and already turned into chimera ants.

Once Wendy, Killua, and Mystogan had entered one of the residents' home, all they could find was a broken, knocked down wooden door and their pieces of furniture torn up and cut down from the very spot as if someone was fighting their way from being killed by one of the chimera ants.

"Nobody's in here." Mumbled Wendy as all three of them are looking around the small little household that had been torn bit by bit.

Later all three of them had decided that they would look around and see if they could find any survivors, clues, or even a tiny bit of information that they could intel about this abandoned place.

As they were still on their search, Wendy had picked up an awful and disgusting smell that Wendy had picked up while she was heading straight for a forest up ahead.

"I think something smells bad and it's coming from that side of the forest." She said.

As soon as Wendy had made her opinion known, they started to follow Wendy as she had caught up to the smell and started to lead the way to the unraveling and rotting smell.

As soon as she stopped in her tracks, there was a small six row horse barn with scattered blood trails leading to another way inside the other end of the forest.

They all decided that they would follow the bloody trail and see what beholds them inside the forest as they all silently and creepily stroll in the depths of the dreadful forest.

Once they had finally made it to the very end of the forest, Wendy had gasped in utter fear and shock as she saw the most vulgar and dreadful thing that she has ever seen since the days that she has been living.

All three of them had seen all three horses while laying up straight, impaled by equally three dreadfully dead trees as if they were planted for a gathering or some kind of evil ritual.

"This is exactly what a Bull-Headed Shrike does." Mumbled Wendy with her mouth covered by her two hands.

"Huh?" Said Killua as he removed his elbow from his nose and was slightly confused about what Wendy had just said.

"There are birds called Bull-Headed Shrikes. They often impale their prey on sharp objects." Said Mystogan.

Suddenly... out of nowhere, all three of them had heard a distinguished voice that said...

"Hey!"

Mystogan had instantly turned around as both Wendy and Killua gasped and then they immediately turned around, but only to find something that they have never spot before, until now...