Oscar's Àngel

Shut the fluff up

Before I kill you

Before I kill you

   "Bullshit!" Olivia screamed at the TV, throwing a pillow at the wall in anger. Normally, being the neatfreak that she was, Olivia would never have done such a thing, but in this case, she had every right to be so angry.

   "Calm down," Angel said, stuffing a handful of popcorn into her mouth to help simmer down the anger that was bubbling up inside her as well.

   It was a late Saturday night and the two girls sat in their pajamas watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy where Nancy hungrily made out with McSteamy. This show, once the love of their lives had now become the bane of their existence.

   "No, Angel! The whole reason we became nurses was to experience shit like this!" Olivia exclaimed, finishing off a bottle of rose. "And it was all a lie?! I want my McSteamy!"

   "I want my McDreamy," Angel frowned, stuffing more popcorn into her mouth.

   It was true, the reason why they had become nurses was to experience a life that somewhat resembled Grey's Anatomy. Sadly, however, there was no such thing as secret hookups with the surgeons inside closets or lunchtime conversations about who was hooking up with who. There weren't even hot doctors, they were all well into their sixty's.

   Suddenly, the doorbell rang, followed by a loud and urgent banging. The two froze and turned to each other with wide eyes. They didn't dare move, but the banging persisted.

   "Do you think it's-" Olivia said.

   "No, it can't be," Angel decided and pulled out her phone to check the cameras. It was dark, but she could make out two men standing at her doorstep. One of them seemed to be falling over, while the other struggled to keep him up and bang on the door.

   "Who is it?!" Olivia whisper yelled, lowering the volume of the television.

   Squinting at the figures on her phone screen, Angel was able to just barely make out the face of one of them. "The hell," she said, rushing to the door.

   "Don't just open it you psycho!" Olivia shouted.

   "It's one of the kids from Freeridge," Angel said, unlocking the door and pulling it open just as one of the men dropped onto the hardwood floor. He was bleeding and he was bleeding a lot, all over Angel's fuzzy socks.

   "Nurse Cielo, you have to help him," Cesar said, pushing his way into the house and closing the door behind him as if hiding from someone.

   "Cesar, what the hell?!" Angel said, looking down at the man who struggled to get himself off the floor. "Who is this?! What the hell happened to him?!"