Chapter 3- Graduation

Hope's POV

Great!! Today is the day I leave. If only my parents were here to see me. Unfortunately the war had stolen their lives when I was one. A day later it ended. I was put into casual residence, which is for any of us who have been abandoned before we can graduate.

-------------------------------------

Well, to explain the process, we are to leave the shadow world the day we turn 15. This means that Leah will join me in a few human weeks. I won’t recognise her though, our appearances change. We do keep some features though. From there we live 2-3 years as a human but aging as we normally do and experience everything. After this we return to…

Make…

A…

Choice…

We choose whether we stay as a shadow or live out the rest of our lives as a normal mortal. Aging the same way, dying the same way. The impossible choice! Live forever and watch death or live and die quickly. Either way you die but it is when that changes. All due to the treaty that was signed.

-------------------------------------

Well that’s enough of a back story that I’m prone to telling. The graduation ceremony has started. The head has started to read out the names of us to move through. In total there are 4 of us, two boys and two girls as the mortals would say. We don’t actually see genders but we know which each shadow walker belongs to. It’s to prepare us. Here goes…

‘Samuel’ the name booms around the room. As he was born first he leaves first. All I can see is a smudge of blond hair disappearing through a shrouded door, known as the portal, to the mortal world.

‘Lucy’

The same process happens although it was a smudge of red.

‘Tobias’

Another one of my friends. ‘Goodbye’ is what he muttered before he too disappears. Now it’s my turn. I was the last born, only a minuet before midnight.

‘HOPE’ I hear my name so I start to walk up. Before I can reach the steps I am tackled to the ground.

‘Leah, what are yo…’ I start before she cuts me off.

‘I can’t let you go by yourself so I’m coming too! I got permission.’ Leah screams and I join in. so hand in hand we walk towards the portal.

-------------------------------------

Leah’s POV

I can’t believe I’m going. We get to leave together so we can actually live and learn together while we are there. I wonder what we will do first. Stepping towards the portal I get a spine-tingling feeling rush up my spine. One step… Two step… Then we tumble through into darkness.

--------------------------------------
A/N so what do you think so far. I am not sure how I will continue this. I might throw them into a school and make both of them go separate ways. Maybe one will be popular and one will be bullied and a social outcast. What I do know for sure is that Hope's life will change with a bit of love thrown in. Stay tuned to find out what happens.