Voiceless

I am a spector                                                                                                        drifting through the halls of life.

I am an unknown                                                     voice                                  yelling into the whirlwind.

You try to touch me.                                                                                             Your hand slides right off.

You try to scream my                                             name                                 only for it to be lost.

I am a lost one                                                                                                       forgetting who I was.

I am a broken                                                            mind

You try to reach me.                                                                                         Your attempts are futile.

You try to find my                                                  face                                   only for it to slip from here.

I am a wisp                                                                                                         slipping through grasping fingers.

I am a destroyed puzzle                                 piece                                    failing to fit in my place.

You try to find me.                                                                                           Your map is useless.

You try to capture my                                     hand                                    only for all attempts to fall short.

I am a word                                                                                                       lingering for a mere moment.

I am a single                                                    fragment                               shattering as I fall.

You try to forget me.                                                                                     Your mind drifts away.

You try to hide all                                        fascination                           only to fail again and again.

You begin to drift.                                                                                    Your feet hardly touch the ground.

You look in the unseen                                corners                            only hope sustaining you now.

You wander in darkness.                                                                         Your light long ago burnt out.

You close tight your                                     eyes                                    only a windsong to guide you.

You wander so long.                                                                                Your face is pale with weariness.

You feel as if you are                              unsubstantial                      only alive due to a single thought.

I try to call your name.                                                                            My voice seems to go unheard.

I try to touch your                                         fingers                                surprised when I find them.

You pull me closer, eyes bright in the dark.

You hold me as if you are afraid I will drift away.

Your gaze is disbelieving as you stare at me.

Your body shakes, touching a cold finger to my cheek.

I open my mouth, laughter breaking the dark.

I am no longer lost; I have found the light.