02.

ɪɪ

ɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴄᴜʀɪᴏsɪᴛʏ.

"A freaking hybrid?!" Caroline shouted, probably unable to control her surprise due to Alecia's statement. “This has to be a joke!”

I brought my gaze down on the white sheet of paper that I am currently holding, that was when I confirmed that Alecia wasn't kidding about what she just said to us.

It was a nameless game but it's a hybrid.

A 'Hybrid' is the label of a game that's a perfect mix of all video game genres, that is what we call it here. What's more, critiquing and simply participating in beta testing a hybrid game will automatically give the participants' bank account a solid million.

This is actually my first time encountering a new game that is a hybrid. Confusingly enough, I haven't heard a single word about it from this city's population. I clung onto the faint hope of personally researching about it, spending the entire day in the public library, reading previous articles and basic informations about it.

But I never really satiated the thirst of my curiosity.

It is never too easy to produce a hybrid type of game, that is an obvious fact. A person could call it 'Rare' and no one would probably even disagree. If a normal video game takes about 1 to 3 years to be released nationwide, a hybrid will approximately take 5 years or so.

It has a lot of things to undergo.

Considering that it is a hybrid game, a mixture of all genre, it will be a lot more difficult to stay in the middle of all genres that are given, unlike a single-genre game where the main focus is only one genre.

A single mistake of giving more exposure to another genre would cause an unimaginable conflict that could ruin the game's impression. For example, the game developer accidentally gave more action exposure than all of the genres given, then it is a possibility that some people would complain about it.

As simple as that.

Which is why a hybrid game requires all of Freedom City's clubs to give it some beta testing and reviews before publicly releasing it.

However, I couldn't get the idea of giving a solid million to each participants.

“Yes, it is a hybrid game, people.” Alecia shattered the chorus of murmurs that suddenly erupted due to each person's surprise and curiosity.

“Can't believe they created a hybrid game again.” Caroline murmured while examining the contents of the paper that she's holding.

My curiosity immediately rose as I heard Caroline's statement.

How long has it been since they created a hybrid game?

Why did they stopped?

Why would they plan to release a hybrid game now?