03.

ɪɪɪ

ɪɪɪ. ᴡɪʟʟ ɪ?

“Yes,” I muttered a simple and straightforward response to Alecia's question. “How can I ever forget that?”

“It's an unforgettable chaos, right?” Alecia stated, her eyes went to focus on the blank, white wall. The corner of her lips curled into a small smile. It seems like she's reminiscing something that could be labeled as 'Bittersweet'.

It's true. No one could ever forget the damages, the distress and the agony that the Gaming Chaos has given us, it blessed the entire state with its heavenly sin. Its temptation spread like a raging wild fire, swallowing every bodies that it could touch.

“Bloodshed. Betrayal. Theft.” Alecia whispered, her tone laced with an emotion that I couldn't decipher.

Was it longing? Melancholy? Fear? Anger?

I'm afraid I'm too clueless to know the real answer to my own question, and that's what I dislike the most. It only strengthened the blue fire inside me, showing no possible signs of being eliminated until I quench its bothersome thirst.

“Because of that,” Alecia paused. Her voice resembled a fragile mirror as it cracked, caused by an overwhelming emotion that couldn't be tamed.

My heart constricted at her current state. There's only one inanimate object that I could compare her to, a rock— a mighty rock that will stand despite the harsh wind of the raging storm. But this time, she defied that comparison. She's beginning to crumble like a damaged, precious stone. I yearn to protect her like how she protected us, but I'm afraid I'm too late for that.

“Alecia...” I could only call out her name as I place my hand on her shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. I was hoping that it would be enough to soothe the unimaginable pain that she's feeling, but somehow... I already know it's not enough.

“Go home and relax, Alecia.” I stated, my palm rubbing against the soft fabric of her burgundy-colored shirt. “I'll take care of the remaining chores.”

“But—” I immediately blocked the possible paths of her disapproval. I knew she was going to try and disregard my idea, her wide, vulnerable orbs exposed her genuine thoughts to my scrutiny.

“Alecia, there's nothing much to do anyway.” I stated the mere fact while looking around the area. Fortunately, we didn't do any crazy activities today. If so, then the whole area might resemble the aftermath of a chaotic warzone. “And plus, you'll have to sort out the application form for the beta testing.”

“W—Will you be alright on your own, Ria?”Alecia asked me, her soft and delicate-looking hands seeking my thin and calloused ones.

Will I be alright on my own?

That question would never fail to make me snigger. I've been on my own ever since that day... Ever since the hunters released me from their saffocating cell. They molded me to become a wounded wolf that was desperate to live.