Chapter Twenty One: Playtime

"Wah... I thought we were about to be arrested..." Tanjiro huffed, following after the (H/C) girl back to the udon shop. The boy seemed to still be spooked about the event that just happened. He also looked disappointed that he didn't get the chance to kill off Kibutsuji, but the boy understood that it wasn't the right timing to kill off that demon.

"Oi! If you're gonna eat udon, then take off that bamboo thing!" The two demon slayers heard a man yelling. Just to make sure everything was ok, the two rushed back to the udon shop at their top speed. Arriving there, they see Nezuko hugging (Y/N)'s folded haori and looking at the udon shopkeeper with a confused look. She noticed and turned her head towards the two, making a face like she was saying "help me".

"Take these chopsticks! Chopsticks!" The bald man yelled at Nezuko while holding a pair of chopsticks to her face aggressively. This scene made (Y/N) let out a small laughter.

Tanjiro ran over to the man and grabbed the pair of chopsticks while holding up two fingers, his face angry.

"I'll take a bowl of udon please! No, two bowls! Double the price!"

"HAH?! Boy! This is not about money, I am mad that you didn't even eat the udon I made! You let the bowl fell with the udon in side! That was a waste!!"

"I'll eat them all! Two bowls please!"

"Make it four, I'll have some myself too." (Y/N) spoke up, holding two of her fingers upward just like Tanjiro is. Nezuko looked concerned for the two but all she said was 'hmph hmph'.

"R-right." The udon shopkeeper mumbled before running off to make the four bowls of udon. That's a lot of udon to make, probably will take up all of the resting ingredients he have. It have been a while since (Y/N) last had a bowl of udon so she wanted to eat til she was about to bust open. The smell was pleasing.

"Here you go!" The man walked out with a tray with two bowls of udon on it. The bowls were large and probably the size of one's head. Inside the bowl was freshly made udon that looked tempting. Apparently the man has ran out of ingredients so he couldn't make the second bowls for the two kids. Tanjiro assured him it was fine and the food was great, which made the man smiled.

Afterward, even when the man said it was free, Tanjiro and (Y/N) fought over who would be the payer. They quarreled back and forth until they both decided to split the price in halves. (Y/N) cheated and payed a few coins more. This made the shopkeeper get mad at the two and yelled at them, but they didn't listen or bothered to take their money back.

"Thank you for the meal!" Tanjiro waved to the shopkeeper as he grabbed his sister's hand to keep going on their mission.

"Come back sometimes, okay!" The shopkeeper responded, waving back to Tanjiro and (Y/N) as they headed out of the street. That man sounded so happy when the two had their udon, it was like his goal was to have customers who would fully eat and enjoy his udon.

The two have walked to the end of the street when they encountered the boy with dull green and black hair from before. He stared at them with his arms crossed across his chest.

"You're here, took you long enough." He grunted.

"And what's with that of an eyesore behind you? Your sister?" The boy said, pointing directly behind Tanjiro. It wasn't clear about who he was pointing to since both Nezuko and (Y/N) was standing behind the burgundy boy.

"Hey, you rotting celery looking head." (Y/N) spoke up, a tick mark forming on her forehead.

"You talk shit about Nezuko or Tanjiro and your head would be cut, heard?" She said, approaching the male figure. The boy was about a few inches shorter than her. Her eyes turned cold as she glared down to the demon's grey eyes, putting on as much of a fearful expression as she can. Tanjiro had to come in and stop the two before they started fighting, but then he also yelled at the boy for calling Nezuko and/or (Y/N) an eyesore. It was (Y/N)'s first time of seeing an angry Tanjiro.