Chapter 1: Begin

The fury of a wolf is hard to match.

 Most wolves were calm creatures unless one of three things was involved. Their home, their mates or their food. If two or more of those things were involved, all reasonable thought went out the window. Which is why alphas existed, the natural peacekeepers of things. They were also the ones best known for their unbiased decisions which were crucial when it came to running a pack.

With all the skills needed to maintain peace and run the pack in an organized manner, also came a lot of pressure and stress. This is why the moon goddess created mates. For every wolf in the world, a mate equal to them was out there as well. A mate was someone to help carry the stress of life and bring out the best in one another. They were your soulmate effectively, most wolves couldn't wait until they met their mates, counting down the days and minutes until they turn 18. Hoping and praying that their mate was someone they knew, but if not they would often travel to neighboring packs in hopes to find them. Once found, they would settle down somewhere in the pack lands and more often than not start a family shortly thereafter.

A lot of wolves took finding their mate as a life mission and were strictly concerned with having a family and producing offspring. To everyone else, it was a less important notion and left the finding of their mate to the fates.

Wolves were social creatures, we kept in contact with almost everyone and protected our own with our life. So when you look at the current situation where two different alphas are at war with each other because one of them got greedy over land space. It didn't go over well.

" Why are you here Siras? Haven't you got enough to worry about in your own pack?" Silas laughed and shook his head defiantly crossing his arms.

" look we can solve this fast and easy Mavros. Your pack isn't big enough to warrant all this land!"

I growled, " and yours is?" I scoffed and rolled my eyes looking to my left, landing on my 3rd in command Maxton, who was rolling his eyes just as hard as myself.

This pack was an embarrassment compared to ours. Their alpha was puny and untrained and yet here he stood with his pathetic excuse of a pack behind him.

Standing in what I assumed they thought was an intimidating manner. In reality, it just made them look constipated. Regardless here they stood Growling at me and my pack on our land.

They thought we were small, they assumed there were only 100 of us give or take a few in the North Apollo pack. Really it was more like 1000.

They didn't know that though, and the thing was, they weren't supposed to.

Everyone underestimated the North, we kept to ourselves and relied on no one. To those in the other sectors, that made us weak and easy targets. Imagine their surprise when they came to overtake us and found an army waiting for them. Needless to say, those "wars" don't last long.

I smirked while shaking my head. Thinking how childish Alpha Silas was to think we wouldn't put up a fight. You can't try to take a pack's land and not expect a war to break out.

" Are we gonna do this or what Mavros!?"

" that's Alpha Mavros to you. Silas."

There were growls heard from both sides as an arrow shot through the air and landed inches from my feet.

I narrowed my eyes at Silas and grinned.

"Begin"