| 8 |

▬▬ eight; the earthquake⋆

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:. 

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY HAD BEEN CHOKED BY THE MINISTRY. While days went by quicker than ever, the new lady always dressed in pink was making three announcements of new rules that she had added to the school every day. She had crowned herself the crown jewel, she had taken over the power of what goes down and what doesn't. Boys and girls are no longer allowed to be too close to each other, all students must always wear the school uniform properly—not a single open button! The walls were almost crumbling down because of the heavy frames that had been put up on the wall outside of the Great Hall, frames that told them what to do and what not to do.

While the school was changing into one of the ministries prisons, Draco Malfoy settled down in the old Astronomy Tower after have spend hours trying to get away from his friends. They did become a little too curious about him sometimes, always wanting to go with him. But now, finally, he was able to sit down in his own company and opening the letter he had received this morning.

He couldn't shake away the smile that began forming on his lips when he opened it to see the familiar handwriting and cute doodles on the side of the paper. Lauren always loved to draw, and whenever she was first to write instead she'd slip away from the assignment to draw small pieces of art all over the paper. That's one more thing he adored about her.

To Draco,

I hope you're not falling apart without me, we all know how much of an angel I am so I understand if it's hard right now. Anyway, I promised you I'd write from now on. Although I must admit, it's really boring here right now. Sirius is convinced he'll learn how to cook like Molly, but I doubt it. He almost burned the kitchen down last night.

How are you doing, Drake? I pray to God that you're eating well, sleeping enough, taking care of yourself. And I hope Umbridge isn't too harsh on you. We've read about her in the papers, and what she's doing to the school. Poor Dumbledore, but I bet he knows how to handle it.

Write back whenever you get time to, but don't leave me waiting. I miss you.
Sincerely, yours

His smile widened when he had finished it. But he couldn't tear his eyes away from it, "Yours." He chuckled to himself. She was his, he was hers. Never had he thought it would be like this, their secret friendship had finally turned into the relationship he so long had wanted.

Draco made a mental note inside his head to remember to write her back a letter later and send it the first thing tomorrow morning. He didn't want to keep her waiting.