| 3 |

▬▬ three; the return⋆

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

GOING BACK WASN'T SOMETHING SHE WAS ABLE TO DO. The tall castle with its huge halls, the handwritten memories carved into the walls, the always cleaned windows showing a view of beautiful nature all the way to the horizon, the pattern of stones in the corridors that someone had put his life into making, it all would remind her of him. Even if the building and the land around it would be covered by snow, even if the trees would be drenched by the autumn rain, even if some pieces of the roof were flying away with the wind, it would always remind her of who had once walked there. Everything outside the safe walls of her own home would remind her of him and she wouldn't be able to handle it.

Curled up into a ball, she buried her face into her arms and just imagined how the sky would come crashing down on her as soon as she stepped outside. A few hours ago the sound of rain tapping on her windows sounded like melodies, but now it just added onto her headache. 

Lauren had always been an excellent actress, she used to be able to pull it all together and hide it deep inside while showing a bright face and proud shoulders—but her walls had crumbled down like a destroyed sandcastle. She couldn't be strong when he wasn't there anymore.

She missed her brother, her best friend. The grief slowly tearing her heart was something she had never felt before, and she just wished he would walk through the door before her and tell her it was going to be alright. But instead, the ghost of him sat in the staircase beside her and looked at her.

It was torture, but still, she couldn't erase the picture of him. Her wet cheeks were constantly re-hydrated by the salty water that her eyes seemed to have plenty of. 

"Leave," she sobbed.

He looked at her, "I can't. You still want me here."

"You're not here," her voice broke just like her heart did while she cried out the truth. The truth she had been trying, and still was, trying to escape from.

"I'm not. Your mind created me."

She looked at the faint picture of Cedric Diggory through her blurry vision, and she chuckled, "Right, so I'll close my eyes," she did so, "and you'll be gone when I open them again," but when she did he was still there. Lauren groaned frustrated and started pacing around in the living room. "Why are you still here?! I don't want you here, leave, go, get out of my head!"

He didn't even flinch at her aggressive and loud voice. He wasn't even touched. "If I'm still here then you are not ready to move on."

Her arms hanged loosely by her side as her shoulders felt heavy. Tears flooded down like waterfalls and her body was shaking from how hard it was to breathe. She just sank to the floor and accepted it. At this moment she just wished she hadn't driven her friends out of her house, she wished she hadn't pushed them away and forced them to leave, because she wished they were here to hold her right now. Lauren wished her brother was there to hold her. Lauren wished that Draco Malfoy was there to dry her tears, hold her hand, and guide her home.