Darkest Night

Yes, another one set in Dubai. I just really like that episode because it has a very important theme in it—family.

Anyway, enjoy this really angsty shot! (Or not, if you don't like angst at all..)

———————————-

"Carm?"

Carmen was about to drive off on her motorcycle when she heard the unusually meek voice of Ivy call her name from behind her.

Carmen sighed. "What, Ivy?" She asked, not really in the mood to talk to either of the two siblings right now.
"Uhhhh..Just warnin' ya..Make sure you don't run into the police cars or that ambulance out there!" When Ivy said that, Carmen's eyes widened when she said "ambulance".

She looked into her mirrors to see about three police cars racing through the streets of Palm Jeremiah. With two ambulances following not very far behind.
"What's happening?" Zack asked, watching the cars go by alongside Carmen and Ivy. But Ivy seemed to get the wrong idea of what he was asking.

Ivy facepalmed. "Bro, do you not see the sirens? Or, perhaps, hear them?" She asked, hoping that Zack would get what the situation is.
"I see the sirens, sis! I'm just wondering what's going on!"

      Zack got a good look at where the police and ambulances were going. And something about that road they were driving on was familiar...
    Zack gasped, realization hitting him like he ran into a brick wall.

"Uhhhh Ivy?"

"Yeah, bro?"

"Doesn't that road look..Familiar to you?"

Ivy looked in the same direction Zack was. A half second later, her face expression matched his.
"No..NO!" Ivy shouted, realizing who lived on that street.

Carmen, still not knowing what's going on, spoke up.
"Whoa! Hold on, you two! What's going on here?" She asked, surprised that the twins went from sad and ashamed to tense and scared.
      The twins looked at each other. Was it the right time to tell Carmen? She seemed like she hated them only two minutes ago...

    NO

   Their Aunt Alice is dying right now! And they need to be there for their cousin.

    Yes, their cousin. Zack and Ivy's cousin, Amelie, and her mother Alice, were the only family they had left. And if one of them dies, then that means they'll have to take the surviving one with them...On capers.

   They'd have to tell Amelie about VILE.

    About Carmen.

"Okay, yeah, Carm..Promise you won't get mad at us for not telling you this." Zack said, his voice seeping down into a more serious tone that did not suit his usual carefree attitude.
     Carmen crossed her arms over her chest. "Depends." She said, frowning at the twins.        Who seemed to be keeping a lot from her. But, then again, sometimes it's for a good reason.

    "We have a cousin who lives here...Haven't seen her in two years." Ivy said, looking down at her feet. Too afraid to face Carmen.
     Carmen's eyes widened. She slowly put the pieces together-their cousin, Amelie, lives in Dubai. And the reason why they freaked out over what road 911 was going down-is because that's where Amelie lives. Which means-

    Amelie's in trouble.

   Carmen felt a strong wave of determination wash over her. As she turned to her motorcycle and picked up her helmet.