Prompt

"If you don't want to talk to me, you can just say so." Cheryl had said. She regretted saying it now. She couldn't remember how the argument had started, or what it was about. By now she regretted it and honestly, was over the whole thing.

You, still seemed upset, taking to spending time with Betty and Veronica rather than her. As vengeance for stealing her girlfriend Betty and Veronica were pushed harder and harder in their cheer practises.

Betty and Veronica had planned out how to get the two of you talking again, for their sakes mostly.

When Cheryl turned around and saw you she frowned. You were sat on the bleachers reading a book. Cheering was her thing and quite often you'd only go to games long enough to support her and head off to study. That brought a twinge of guilt through her. You'd have a test to study for, one that would help you get into a better college. It meant you'd missed the first cheer since you'd started dating. Cheryl had overreacted. At the time she felt vindicated as she shouted and blamed you. Now she wasn't so sure. "Veronica tae over. I need a moment Vixens." Cheryl snapped.

Walking over to where you were sat she stood, a leg popped as she crossed her arms, looking over your book you stayed quiet. She cleared her throat. After an awkward pause she rolled her eyes and huffed. "I wanted to apologise. I know how important college is to you and how hard you'll need to work for your scholarship. You want to do it your way and I shouldn't have offered to pay for it as a way to make you attend my cheers." She said sharply.

"Cheryl... you know the only thing more important to me than you if my future. You should have known the only reason I couldn't be there for you was because of that."

Cheryl's face softened and she relaxed.

"I'm sorry." Cheryl said softly, almost as if the admission had been painfully difficult to say out loud.

"I know." You answered awkwardly.

"I can help you, we can have study groups outside of my practices." Cheryl decided as she glanced back to the group of cheerleaders. She smiled when you nodded and agreed. When you kissed her cheek she smiled to herself and left you studying, returning to her Vixens with new enthusiasm.