Christmas Prompt ~ 2019

Betty waved to you as you rushed towards Pop's. The snow was falling heavily around you and you'd forgotten your hat. The coat you were wearing just about kept the bite of the cold off you. "You're here for the gift swapping?" Cheryl asked as she seemingly appeared next to you, a wide umbrella shelter you from the snow. She smiled warmly at you.

"Yes. I hope I got the right gift. I wasn't sure." You confessed. She was your secret Santa and quite frankly it had taken you most of November to make your mind up.

"Who wouldn't love a gift from you." She said as she put her umbrella down, shaking it dry as you both headed in.

"Hi Pops." you called as you passed him, smiling and waving back when he gave you a quick wave, returning his attention to his customers.

"You were almost late." Betty called to the pair of you as you sat down. You pulled your gift out of the bag and Veronica raised her eyebrows at the size of it.

"Little reminder... uh, tonight is for Secret Santa gifts only." she said but you shrugged.

"I know." You said quietly. After a quick exchange of gifts Cheryl was pleased to see she received your gift. It was a large collection of ornate brooches.

"These are so lovely." Cheryl said with a bright smile.

"I'm so glad you like them! It took so long to decide, I wanted you to have a nice gift, after everything that happened." You explained quickly.

Betty raised her eyebrows and shot Veronica a look as Cheryl suddenly left over her to kiss your cheek and hug you tightly.