Chapter 2

Today I decided to play in the East Woods, not far from the orphanage.

This place is a maze of giant trees. There were tons of secret nooks and crannies that were perfect to hide and play in.

I was playing in a crevice surrounded by a wall of pine trees, full of snow, just for me. I made the snow swirl and dance above me, laughing as it did.

There was so much beauty in the winter. The icicles shining in the sunlight, the frozen dewdrops giving off a magical shimmer. The snow was the most beautiful thing of all. I saw winter's beauty. I just wish that I had a friend to share it with.

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head.

"Of course!" I shouted, "Why didn't I think of this before!?"

I concentrated on the snow, excited with my idea, and whispered, "I wish I had a friend."

The snow swirled, each snowflake attaching to make my wish come true. I stopped.

My smile grew bigger.

He was perfect!

He was a huge snow golem. He had two white legs connected to an oval, white body. His head was a circle with two large eyes and a big mouth carved into it. He looked like Marshmallow from Frozen.

"H-hi there." I stepped forward. He started to move back, scared.

I lifted my hands, "No no no, it's okay! I'm not going to hurt you," he paused, looking at me with wide eyes.

I smiled, " I'm Silver. I created you," he stepped forward looking at me curiously.

"I don't have any friends, so I made you. Someone who can understand me." I looked up into his eyes, waiting for some kind of response.

He smiled. My heart soared. I had a friend!

"Yes! You get me! Okay, we need to come up with a name for you." We both stood there, deep in thought. I snapped my fingers.

"Got it! What about Winter?" his smile grew bigger. That was it. His name would be Winter.

For the rest of the day, Winter and I played in the snow, enjoying our time together. Once the sunset, I told him I was going home. He laid down on the ground, and became a huge pile of snow.

This would be a day I would remember forever.